Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 05:14 PM

8,165 posts, read 8,260,967 times

Advertisements

Great match last night, Dempsey delivered 2 goals huge in the clutch. Even if you hate soccer, go check out a match. Seattle draws twice the number of fans per match as any other MLS team, attendance rivals many premier clubs in Europe. It's fun, great people watching, give it a chance. Here is the story about last night: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ference-final/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 07:11 PM

3,628 posts, read 2,908,537 times
I know its good for everyone. Its creates commerce and all but got to ask why is MLS season so unreal long. Isn't the championship game in early December?
Correct me if I am wrong the season starts in March right? That is by far the longest sports season around.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:21 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,355,474 times
Lol, 'monster' win...2 to 0. I couldn't care less how much they win by it's still boring to watch. Oooh, they kicked the ball down field, oooh someone kicked it way back up field...look at that, kicked it across the field...zzzzz.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:08 PM

323 posts, read 447,820 times
Not much consequence to what a player does since it very very seldom effects the score: miss the ball, no biggie, make a nice kick, so? In other sports if you screw up or do something good it often effects the score. In other words, not much human drama in soccer, and it's not very dynamic, just kicking or heading a ball.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:11 PM

Haakon, "monster" as in they advanced to the Western Conference finals. Listen man, I love football, hockey, baseball, basketball too. No need to put down something you aren't fond of and probably don't know very much about. Chill bro.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:56 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,100,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Lol, 'monster' win...2 to 0. I couldn't care less how much they win by it's still boring to watch. Oooh, they kicked the ball down field, oooh someone kicked it way back up field...look at that, kicked it across the field...zzzzz.
MLS could be boring, but champions league or world cups are a different story.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:42 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,355,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Haakon, "monster" as in they advanced to the Western Conference finals. Listen man, I love football, hockey, baseball, basketball too. No need to put down something you aren't fond of and probably don't know very much about. Chill bro.
Triggered are you? Don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer. Soccer is boring.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:58 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,100,432 times
And if it's boring to you, why did you even read this tread? Or you are just a hater. The whole world watches it. Otherwise it wouldn't have been the most popular sport in the world.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:05 PM

Haakon, I've played pickup soccer all over the world in my travels. It's a game that little kids who have nothing can play. It is also much beloved all over the world, by billions of people. Amazing that they have all been fooled, thanks for clearing things up. I'll let them know.

Moving on, for the fans out there. I though Rodriguez's return in the second half really created some huge mismatches and opportunities, bodes well headed deeper into the playoffs.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:12 PM

638 posts, read 528,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
You sound like the typical Sounder yuppie fan ( passive aggressive) If I knew much about football would I ask that question.
I love how he states a fact, whether you like it or not, and then you follow up with:

-a generalization (typical Sounders fan)
-a derogatory label (yuppie)
-another derogatory comment (passive aggressive)
-a swear word however light ( )
-and finally a sarcastic remark ("If I knew... I would ask...")

...but somehow we're all supposed to think that the guy you're responding to is the person in the wrong.

Also, the idea that soccer of all things is somehow uniquely silly as a sport, worse than American football (the rules holy cow...), baseball (I love it but the lack of time limit makes it incorrigible), basketball (actually the only really decent but it is usually indoors, why not outdoors, WHY?)... I can't wrap my head around it. All sports are silly in one way or another if you really think about it. That's why they are games.

OP, people are ridiculous. You can't win over haters with beauty. If they were attracted to beauty they wouldn't be haters, they'd be too busy creating joy and beauty in their own lives. Go Sounders!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area