U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-10-2018, 12:53 AM
 
Location: Seattle,WA
1,800 posts, read 2,148,683 times
Reputation: 576

Advertisements

My cousin and her husband and baby currently live in Naoa,California and are having trouble finding a house they can afford. They are both trustfund kids and dont have jobs. Both my cousins family and her husbands family are wealthy. Their price for a house is $1.2 million.

I tell my cousin how wonderful it is here in Seattle and she and her husnband and baby should move up here to possibly the northgate area near my apartment or maple leaf.

They recently took a road trip from napa,California to portland,oregon and they told me the drive was too long and that they wouldn't want to move to seattle or portland because the drive is too far away from my cousins brother in Ukiah,California. And also too far from los angeles. I think thats a rediculious reason not to move to seattle. There are plenty of cheap flights from seattle to both southern California and northern California.

To encourage my cousin, her husband and thier baby to visit Seattle i got their baby the childrens books: Goodnight Seattle, weedle on the needle and the stuffed animal weedle. The baby and my cousins love these books.

Id like it if they would move to seattle. Another excuse of my cousins is the seattle rain and cold gloomy weather. They like hot sunny days.

Also if they moved to seattle they would no longer have to pay the california state income tax off their trust funds.

My uncle who is my female cousins father pays $5,000 a month for a dumpy apartment in a trendy westside los angeles nieghborhood.

He would also be better off moving to seattle and not paying the california state income tax as he is retired.

Im also trying to convince my parents to sell their Encino,California house that was recently apriased at $2.5 million and buy a smaller house in Seattle near me.

My mom never worked and my dad is a retired orthopedic surgen doctor.

My parents dont like the seattle rainy winters and gloomy weather either. My dad is a moutain bike rider and goes moutain bike riding near Encino,California every day even in the winter. My dad said he would get cabin fever in seattles rainy winters where he couldnt go bike riding.

Seattle is a great place to live and i have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy living here.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2018, 02:54 AM
 
Location: Aiea, Hawaii
2,110 posts, read 2,344,714 times
Reputation: 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
My cousin and her husband and baby currently live in Naoa,California and are having trouble finding a house they can afford. They are both trustfund kids and dont have jobs. Both my cousins family and her husbands family are wealthy. Their price for a house is $1.2 million.

I tell my cousin how wonderful it is here in Seattle and she and her husnband and baby should move up here to possibly the northgate area near my apartment or maple leaf.

They recently took a road trip from napa,California to portland,oregon and they told me the drive was too long and that they wouldn't want to move to seattle or portland because the drive is too far away from my cousins brother in Ukiah,California. And also too far from los angeles. I think thats a rediculious reason not to move to seattle. There are plenty of cheap flights from seattle to both southern California and northern California.

To encourage my cousin, her husband and thier baby to visit Seattle i got their baby the childrens books: Goodnight Seattle, weedle on the needle and the stuffed animal weedle. The baby and my cousins love these books.

Id like it if they would move to seattle. Another excuse of my cousins is the seattle rain and cold gloomy weather. They like hot sunny days.

Also if they moved to seattle they would no longer have to pay the california state income tax off their trust funds.

My uncle who is my female cousins father pays $5,000 a month for a dumpy apartment in a trendy westside los angeles nieghborhood.

He would also be better off moving to seattle and not paying the california state income tax as he is retired.

Im also trying to convince my parents to sell their Encino,California house that was recently apriased at $2.5 million and buy a smaller house in Seattle near me.

My mom never worked and my dad is a retired orthopedic surgen doctor.

My parents dont like the seattle rainy winters and gloomy weather either. My dad is a moutain bike rider and goes moutain bike riding near Encino,California every day even in the winter. My dad said he would get cabin fever in seattles rainy winters where he couldnt go bike riding.

Seattle is a great place to live and i have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy living here.
Nice try. But you cannot make family live where they do not want to live. But you discovered what i found after we and moved to LA in 1968. After the glitz and glammer of LA. You start missing the Renton/Kent area,( where i was born). A simpler time and lots of camping in the summer. It has change a lot now up here. I miss it and looking to move back for retirement. Not sure where but might out of Seattle King Country area. It is what i am researching now with visits.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 05:07 AM
 
913 posts, read 488,035 times
Reputation: 599
I just looked up the 3 fastest growing big cities in the US and they're Austin, Charlotte and Seattle with 15-20% annual population growth.

Why are people moving to Seattle? It's obviously not for the climate. Is the growth from people escaping California?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 05:28 AM
 
Location: Seattle,WA
1,800 posts, read 2,148,683 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
I just looked up the 3 fastest growing big cities in the US and they're Austin, Charlotte and Seattle with 15-20% annual population growth.

Why are people moving to Seattle? It's obviously not for the climate. Is the growth from people escaping California?
Im from California myself.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 06:22 AM
 
Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
31,169 posts, read 56,785,610 times
Reputation: 33410
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Im from California myself.
Me too, and my parents and a brother also moved here after seeing how nice it is. For those that crave sun and hot weather, it’s not a place that they will be happy. For those of us that prefer green to brown, with rain and cool, cloudy days, it’s definitely a great place to live. Don’t push it, you could be blamed if they came here and hated it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MISSOURI
11,272 posts, read 3,408,256 times
Reputation: 8487
I am sure there will be plenty of Seattleites who will be glad to hear that there are people who refuse to move to Seattle.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 08:53 AM
 
913 posts, read 488,035 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I am sure there will be plenty of Seattleites who will be glad to hear that there are people who refuse to move to Seattle.
Those people must not appreciate good coffee

A line from a movie:
guy on date "so I hear they have coffee in Seattle"
girl on date "yes, they have all the major beverages"
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 09:00 AM
 
913 posts, read 488,035 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Im from California myself.
I hear of people moving from Cali to Utah, Idaho, Texas etc. Is California that bad? Or is Washington really great?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 09:06 AM
 
Location: West Coast
1,489 posts, read 1,358,352 times
Reputation: 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
I hear of people moving from Cali to Utah, Idaho, Texas etc. Is California that bad? Or is Washington really great?
California's liberal government is that bad (WA is getting close), but WA is not that great. Most people I know from SoCal (or other places) that had to move to Seattle hate it and can't wait to get out. Seattle is a place most people don't necessarily want to live, but move for work with the ambition of getting out as soon as they can. Sure some people like it, but often the weather and people drive outsiders out after a few years.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 09:12 AM
 
913 posts, read 488,035 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
California's liberal government is that bad (WA is getting close), but WA is not that great. Most people I know from SoCal (or other places) that had to move to Seattle hate it and can't wait to get out. Seattle is a place most people don't necessarily want to live, but move for work with the ambition of getting out as soon as they can. Sure some people like it, but often the weather and people drive outsiders out after a few years.
What's the issue some have with the people? Are they workaholic/ anti-social? Are Seattlites more stuck up than average? I hear it's an educated city. Sometimes education gets to one's head.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top