Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 10:38 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times

Advertisements

So, how do i catch clams?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 10:47 PM

415 posts, read 490,715 times
Now we know it's these Invertebrate-American Junkie-Mollusks who are to blame for electing our spineless local politicians to represent that particular clientele.

Old 05-28-2018, 11:03 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treuphax View Post
Now we know it's these Invertebrate-American Junkie-Mollusks who are to blame for electing our spineless local politicians to represent that particular clientele.
Damn Libs!

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-28-2018 at 11:25 PM..

Old 05-28-2018, 11:10 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Ira, you are just filter feeding other's jokes, and it's a clamity and rather shellfish.
Okay. I'll clam up now. Mussel my way outta here.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:27 AM

361 posts, read 398,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Ohkaaay, they're 'Mussels' - and I exaggerated about the "addicted" part. But Oxy has been found in the tiny creatures. And the fish are feared to be even more seriously impacted by the druggy waters of the Sound. Scientists mussels testing positive for oxycodone | Daily Mail Online

No wonder the cleaning crews, landscaping crews, property management teams, maintenance resources, and trash-out subs for my Seattle-area properties are so problematic. All I hear about, is staffing problems. Drugs... drugs... everywhere, drugs...
Well, that's what you expect from the locals here when there is nothing to do during the late fall to early spring time of the year when it rains a lot outside, the days are short during the winter season, and the depression from the over cast skies makes people prone to using illicit drugs to combat their depression.

Oh, and it sure does not help that marijuana is legal here in Washington. Probably have people smoking marijuana oil in their electronic cigarettes, and dumping that crud into the lakes and rivers.

I was not aware that the shell fish here in Puget Sound are affected.

I was looking forward to going "clamming" next year. With this article and piece of information about the drug-saturated water, ewww, I am not going to eat any shellfish caught/harvested from within Puget Sound waters.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:01 PM

Before people get too worried about this, here's the exact quote from the OP's link:

Quote:
While tracking pollution levels in the waters of Puget Sound, researchers said trace amounts of oxycodone were discovered in the tissue of mussels
(emphasis mine)

Old 05-29-2018, 02:39 PM

560 posts, read 786,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Ohkaaay, they're 'Mussels' - and I exaggerated about the "addicted" part. But Oxy has been found in the tiny creatures. And the fish are feared to be even more seriously impacted by the druggy waters of the Sound. Scientists mussels testing positive for oxycodone | Daily Mail Online

No wonder the cleaning crews, landscaping crews, property management teams, maintenance resources, and trash-out subs for my Seattle-area properties are so problematic. All I hear about, is staffing problems. Drugs... drugs... everywhere, drugs...
Interesting that you should mention clams because just yesterday I purchased several clams from the Puget Sound. One clam made me larger and another made me SMALL! But the clam from Long Beach Harbor didn't do anything at all!

Shhhhhh! The Mock Turtle has something to say. "Once, I was a real Turtle." He is sobbing now because he is addicted to oxycodone found in the clams. Oh dear.

It is my opinion that no further proof on this matter is needed. The clams in the ocean have been tainted with all manner of pharmaceuticals.

Here's a lovely song about drugs. https://youtu.be/XR8LFNUr3vw

Old 05-29-2018, 02:47 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Before people get too worried about this, here's the exact quote from the OP's link:

(emphasis mine)
Yup. And even with them having trace amounts of oxycodone, how many of us eat mussels that we've harvested ourselves? This is what they're talking about. Wild mussels, not the farmed Whidbey Island mussels sold in stores and restaurants.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:03 AM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
I thought you can't mussel in on Sound mussels because they are in polluted waters (ecoli, PCB's) or on private property? Oregon clams and mussels are found on ocean beaches and bays. All beaches and bays are public property.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
I thought you can't mussel in on Sound mussels because they are in polluted waters (ecoli, PCB's) or on private property? Oregon clams and mussels are found on ocean beaches and bays. All beaches and bays are public property.
Interesting. IDK about the general public, and their access rights to shellfish. The tribes, however, can harvest shellfish anywhere, including on private property.

It's sad how nature has been trashed. And btw, regarding those Oregon coast mussels, I've heard studies have been done on NW marine life and waters, and it's been found that the nuclear fallout from the Fukushima disaster is taking a toll. Half-melted jellyfish have been found. I don't have a link to such a study, though. Has anyone here heard of this? If that's true, it means the mussels are processing that pollution, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area