Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2018, 01:33 PM

897 posts, read 1,252,988 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knows of rentals that allow GSDs? I have two dogs - both older and well behaved. One is a GSD the other a GSD mix. We own a home in Denver but are moving to Washington state with a focus on Seattle at this time. I work from home so I won't need to worry about commute but I'd like to stay within the larger Seattle MSA.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated! Price isn't an issue but almost all places have GSDs on breed restrictions

Edited to add: feel free to DM me if you are looking to house swap (I have a 3/2 in a great neighborhood in Denver and NO BREED RESTRICTIONS ) or if you are a realtor that deals with rentals and have a few places!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 01:58 PM

905 posts, read 1,102,846 times
If price isn't an issue, that will definitely help with finding a dog friendly rental.

Are you looking for the same size of place in Seattle as you have now in Denver? That may help w/a larger dog. Most apartments/condos I see listings for in Seattle proper will only allow smaller breeds, if they allow dogs at all. You may have better luck if you're ok with a house/townhome rental in the suburbs.

As you've noticed, breed restrictions are pretty common here - but I don't think it's quite as bad for German Shepherds as pitbulls.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:04 PM

897 posts, read 1,252,988 times
Thanks, I wouldn't mind being a little out if it means house/townhome but I don't want to be completely out in the boonies. My wife and I are usually in bed by 9pm but we would prefer an area with local restaurants / coffee shops / walkable neighborhoods / etc. Let's call it 30 mins drive to capitol hill without traffic (I'm assuming that means 1 hr with normal daytime traffic, not rush hour - since I work from home we'll be driving to Seattle on the weekends anyway)

As far as size we're flexible - our dogs are old and mellow and we can take them on nice walks which should be sufficient. A townhome / house would be great but not required (although I'd rather not live in a big apartment building anyway!).

Last edited by ayoitzrimz; 06-28-2018 at 02:23 PM..

Old 06-28-2018, 02:51 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Maybe consider something more rural for two large dogs. Looking at previous posts, just FYI Seattle is much more expensive than Denver and it's not like it's less crowded, the metro is approaching 4 million people. Housing under $200K not easy to find in Western Washington (and definitely not in Seattle) but definitely check out Eastern Washington that would also probably have more housing for German Shepherds.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:46 AM

127 posts, read 107,296 times
I recently saw an ad for the Clairemont Apartments that indicated they have no breed or size restrictions on pets. It looks like they only have 1br floor plans though. Maybe they can recommend other places?

https://www.apartments.com/clairemon...le-wa/c1tpq3e/

Old 06-29-2018, 10:37 AM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...?fullpage=true

$2,895, 4bd/2.5ba house, "2500 sq ft home on 5 secluded, gated private 5 acres at the end of private road!" Cats, large dogs, small dogs.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:38 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times
They do at the complex where I live although I am in University Place , its not that far into town . We had a beautiful sweet one right above me that had done like 3 tours of duty in Afghanistan but she passed in the accidental fireworks fire we had in my building last July 4th.
About a week later a great majority of the 700 unit complex turned out to wish her a safe journey home. It was amazing . We were ALL sad and many of the guys who live here had to restrain her young soldier so he didn't die too . We were ALL glad when he started over with a new GSD pup -another girl of course and she is just as sweet - and I am scared of dogs but she was the best and I love the new pup . I see several here . Siberians , Greyhounds , you name it . Big dogs . $1450 for a 2-1 and I have to go in July .

edit:
I just pulled up the website. They lowered prices because it was too much for too many. 2-1's and 2-2's go from $1340-$1619 depending in bathrooms and sz up to 1113 sq ft .

3 -2's from $1750- $1860 depending on sz up to 1159 sq ft . They also have dog parks here and lots of other places to go and usually have dog treats in a bowl in the office building for free.
..... said the cat lady .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 06-29-2018 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Info .

Old 12-18-2019, 12:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,940 times
Hi there which apartment complex is this? I am looking to move to Seattle and have a sweet German sheppard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
They do at the complex where I live although I am in University Place , its not that far into town . We had a beautiful sweet one right above me that had done like 3 tours of duty in Afghanistan but she passed in the accidental fireworks fire we had in my building last July 4th.
About a week later a great majority of the 700 unit complex turned out to wish her a safe journey home. It was amazing . We were ALL sad and many of the guys who live here had to restrain her young soldier so he didn't die too . We were ALL glad when he started over with a new GSD pup -another girl of course and she is just as sweet - and I am scared of dogs but she was the best and I love the new pup . I see several here . Siberians , Greyhounds , you name it . Big dogs . $1450 for a 2-1 and I have to go in July .

edit:
I just pulled up the website. They lowered prices because it was too much for too many. 2-1's and 2-2's go from $1340-$1619 depending in bathrooms and sz up to 1113 sq ft .

3 -2's from $1750- $1860 depending on sz up to 1159 sq ft . They also have dog parks here and lots of other places to go and usually have dog treats in a bowl in the office building for free.
..... said the cat lady .

Old 12-18-2019, 09:46 AM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipika89 View Post
Hi there which apartment complex is this? I am looking to move to Seattle and have a sweet German sheppard.
Old thread. Better to start a fresh one.

Old 12-18-2019, 02:18 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows of rentals that allow GSDs? I have two dogs - both older and well behaved. One is a GSD the other a GSD mix. We own a home in Denver but are moving to Washington state with a focus on Seattle at this time. I work from home so I won't need to worry about commute but I'd like to stay within the larger Seattle MSA.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated! Price isn't an issue but almost all places have GSDs on breed restrictions

Edited to add: feel free to DM me if you are looking to house swap (I have a 3/2 in a great neighborhood in Denver and NO BREED RESTRICTIONS ) or if you are a realtor that deals with rentals and have a few places!
Management/rental companies would never allow that, your best bet is finding a dog friendly private rental home owner. It’s a tough decision for a landlord though. I have a rental home. I love dogs but they can be tough on homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area