Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 09:50 PM

474 posts, read 1,452,430 times

Advertisements

I eagerly anticipate OP's report on the big-city nirvana he/she is heading to. The one with no homeless, income inequality, traffic, or rain, but with amazing amenities, perfect transit, year-round 75 degree temperatures, low housing prices, and gorgeous people as far as the eye can see.

Send pictures!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 10:51 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,186,992 times
^sounds more or less like Scottsdale, expect for 75 year round due to summer inferno season

Old 08-05-2018, 01:31 PM

545 posts, read 408,675 times
The OP is a complete troll post but the point about people not being friendly or making eye contact is a valid one. People here must think they're in Manhattan or something. If you want friendly people, I find Tacomans to have much less of an attitude and are willing to actually connect with other human beings.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:58 PM

326 posts, read 198,106 times
Been here 8 years and love it. I spent 35+ years in FL and GA sweating my ass off for 9 months out of the year making 1/3 the money I make now.

The climate here is great... I could give a damn that it's cloudy from October thru May... the sunny summers make it worth it. People here don't know how lucky they are. It's nice to be able to go outside in the summer without the gawdawful humidity and bugs eating you alive.

I don't miss those hot humid days with a heat index of 110+ and warnings not to go outside with electric bills that are $400+ per month because your AC never turns off and the power company knows this so they raise their rates in the summer.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:29 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,224,949 times
LuvsCruisin. Couldn't have said it better. I'm born and raised Miami boy in Seattle 28 years now.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:53 PM

22,602 posts, read 24,422,675 times
Good and bad, pros and cons, just like living in any other place.

Someone who writes a totally negative or totally positive review of a place they have lived, I usually take what they write with a grain of salt.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:51 PM

8,794 posts, read 6,725,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtuba View Post
....but the point about people not being friendly or making eye contact is a valid one. People here must think they're in Manhattan or something. If you want friendly people, I find Tacomans to have much less of an attitude and are willing to actually connect with other human beings.
In a small town, sure. But in a city, leaving people alone is probably appreciated more than the opposite, unless you live next door or see them frequently. "Attitude" is the last thing that comes to mind for me.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:04 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,888,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsCruisin View Post
I don't miss those hot humid days with a heat index of 110+ and warnings not to go outside with electric bills that are $400+ per month because your AC never turns off and the power company knows this so they raise their rates in the summer.

I was in Seattle last week. It was in the 90s. Santa Monica, CA, where I live, was only in the 70s.

I wish Seattle had more rain, and clouds, and cooler temps. But I keep hearing that its summers are getting hotter and hotter.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:29 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,565,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
But I keep hearing that its summers are getting hotter and hotter.
They are. Snow almost nonexistent in winter, summers getting hotter.

Ignore the troll. Seattle is a fantastic place to live. Very good weather in spring and fall, absolutely superb in summer (even with the heat). Winter sucks, it's grey and rainy, but winter in Seattle is better than many other places in the U.S.

Seattle has the best seafood in the United States, period. Excellent restaurants overall, better than the Bay Area in my opinion. Seattle has a good downtown core, many excellent "suburbs." Always stuff going on, many farmer's markets and outdoor attractions from the core out to the exurbs, many family-friendly things to do all the time, tons of maritime and waterfront jobs, activities, recreation. It's booming, it's cool, a very desirable place to live.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:08 AM

326 posts, read 198,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
I was in Seattle last week. It was in the 90s. Santa Monica, CA, where I live, was only in the 70s.

I wish Seattle had more rain, and clouds, and cooler temps. But I keep hearing that its summers are getting hotter and hotter.

LOL... Seattle has plenty of rain (it's misty, not a downpour) as well as clouds and cooler temps. You just need to come between October and May.

As for 90 last week... I'm not aware of that. It was 80's as I recall... and still NOTHING like the heat and humidity that I was talking about from the great states of Florida and Georgia. Compared to there the summers here are a cakewalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area