Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 12:34 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtuba View Post
So...when are you leaving again?
God willing...asap. The only redeeming quality of Seattle is the views. The dating scene for single men is pure hell.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 05-20-2019 at 01:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 12:44 PM

305 posts, read 102,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
I like Burien a lot. Neat little town center, the place has some soul. That area Three Tree Point in Burien on Puget Sound is absolutely stunning!

Except the mayor and the city clowncil are a bunch of full on sanctuary city douche bags.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:48 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
Except the mayor and the city clowncil are a bunch of full on sanctuary city douche bags.
Seattle is not only full of stuck up snobby women..high rents..brutal traffic..anti social introverts..and horrible food. It's a sanctuary City. My hope is that Trump dumps about 300,000 illegal aliens into downtown Seattle. Then let Seattle suck it up.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:39 PM

301 posts, read 312,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Seattle is not only full of stuck up snobby women..high rents..brutal traffic..anti social introverts..and horrible food. It's a sanctuary City. My hope is that Trump dumps about 300,000 illegal aliens into downtown Seattle. Then let Seattle suck it up.
Lol every time I am reading things like this, I just can’t comprehend why y’all have dating problems; you sound like such a nice guy!

Old 05-20-2019, 05:01 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8DRROB View Post
We’re leaving this place ASAP!
Happy trails! Please spread the word!

Old 05-20-2019, 05:06 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
I think the OP had some good points even if a bit of a drama queen. Seattle is expensive, the traffic is terrible, and the weather is mostly bad....against the absolutely incredible beauty of the area, reasonably safe city and excellent pay....wouldn't be my first choice for starting my career or as a now retiree but it ain't horrible.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:37 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
I live in the rural or at least the somewhat rural area of San Francisco.
It’s a solid 75 minutes with traffic.
35 minutes with out when I get to drive fast.
I work in San Francisco and see it daily.
I love that city but it just ain’t for me to live in.
I don’t talk to people while walking in the city other than saying excuse me.
I might give a smile or two.
We are just to busy to say hi to everybody we come across.
Being in the City has its demands and most of the time when I’m walking I’m thinking of my next business move or strategy.
I would kinda be weirded out if somebody wanted to talk to me in the City that I didn’t know.
I mean if you needed directions I’d be happy to help but if you just wanted to talk to me I would just be weirded out.

I also have a pretty nice place on the Oly Penn.
My PNW neighbors and I wave at each other.
It takes a couple hundred yards walk to get to my closest neighbor.
We might give greetings at the mailbox area but I would not like them or other people walking down our long driveway unless it was an emergency.
So yes that said I’m cool with the freeze thing I guess.
Not because I’m a rude guy but because I really dig my solitude and privacy.

I don’t know Seattle at all, in fact I have never been there.
I’ve been to WA at least 30 times and lived in Spokane for 4 months due to a work project.

That said I would wager that Seattle is a San Francisco Lite.
I could be wrong but that’s my thoughts.

How someone could consider meeting people on the street or being a first or second time bar or club client and think they will make friends is just oblivious to me.
Yes it might happen,it did to me on Vancouver Island more than once it that is different by leaps and bounds.
It ain’t the City.
All the best.
Andy

Old 05-20-2019, 06:50 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think the OP had some good points even if a bit of a drama queen. Seattle is expensive, the traffic is terrible, and the weather is mostly bad....against the absolutely incredible beauty of the area, reasonably safe city and excellent pay....wouldn't be my first choice for starting my career or as a now retiree but it ain't horrible.
There are a lot of people who aren't getting excellent pay, or even good pay, though. The office admin jobs that used to pay enough to at least modestly live on, have had the pay remain stagnant. Maybe they got bumped up a little after the new minimum wage, but that only would have resulted in the big employers, like the universities, City of Seattle, etc. cutting jobs, or cutting people to part-time, which the UW has been doing since the late 80's or so. I find it somewhat disturbing, that most of those staff people have had to move out of town.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-20-2019 at 07:01 PM..

Old 06-05-2019, 07:38 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,400 times
Has the OP ever travelled across the lake to Bellevue?
It's about as close to paradise in the United States as you're ever going to get.

I do agree with the sanctuary city comments. The left-wing politicians in the U.S. need to stop being delusional and take their head out of the sand. America should not be used as the world's dumping ground for homeless and impoverished people.

Old 06-05-2019, 07:44 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,974,750 times
What a load of nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area