Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 03:14 PM

2 posts, read 29,044 times

Advertisements

I have lived here for 6 years, and can officially state that it blows! If you do move here, do yourself a favor and avoid anything inside or near Seattle city limits like the plague, the closer to Seattle you get the dumber, dirtier, and weirder EVERYTHING gets.. ask yourself a quick question, do you want to wake up each morning to see a disrespectful hobo pissing on the sidewalk across the street from his tent kingdom? Well that's most Seattle neighborhoods and, unless you're a millionaire, you'll probably be living in that kind of atmosphere.

People here are very unfriendly and cold, and won't even say hello to you on the street or make eye contact (quiet a shock for me, being originally from rural Florida and living in Italy), not to mention most here have a strong superiority complex stemming from their dogmatic political opinions, so prepare for some bitchy behavior from both sexes.

And the politics, basically over controlling police state type ****, with dumb politicians who let their city turn into a ****hole (look it up folks) and the people here think they're morally superior because they voted for some puppet or drive a prius.

People are *******, the men look more feminine and are the timid/beta type, while women act like complete *******, NOT alpha women but just disrespectful ungrateful women, (just because you have a ***** doesn't make you special) and barely any of the women are at least somewhat attractive.

Weather is crap 90% of the year, the mountains are too snowed in to enjoy (unless foggy skiing is your thing) 70% of the year, and the water activities will require a VERY thick wetsuit (better hope you don't go overboard on your speedboat! People die of hypothermia swimming in the sound in the middle of summer) you'll need vitamin D pills, and probably hype yourself on some type of drug to get up, (wonder why coffee is so popular up here, take a look in the sky!) and it really doesn't rain here, it just drizzles, I've only a handful of times seen a downpour here, so it's mainly just clouds.

Now, if you come to Washington, I'd recommend living in the east of Kent/Auburn areas (Black Diamond, Bonney Lake, Enumclaw) you've still got the weather issue but you have beautiful views of Mt Rainier, much friendlier people who are actually down to earth, now it's a bit more rural so you'll have to commute a good 30 minutes into the Seattle megacity.... GENERALLY the farther away from Seattle you get, the cheaper, cleaner, and friendlier the atmospher is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 03:38 PM

1,300 posts, read 840,740 times
Most of what you have written may or may not be true; however, the last part about a 30 minute commute into Seattle from Enumclaw, Black Diamond etc is pure BS! More like 1.5 to 2 hours. At least during rush hour.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:00 PM

11 posts, read 43,146 times
Default Hate Seattle, love Washington

Generally agree about Seattle but I wouldn't lump the rest of Washington in there.

Its true about the Seattle culture and people; I left my hometown Seattle 20 years ago when it seemed to hit maximum weirdness and crowding. Now its really over the edge. And the stereotype about the men and women has a lot of truth to it too. Seattle must be one of the worst cities to be single. Bellevue/Redmond has gone from being the most upscale part of the region to resembling Bangalore. Literally. Walk into a public place and Americans are the minority. Some call Olympia to Marysville "Pugetopolis": its one big anthill, has more in common with the Bay Area than with the rest of Washington. One reason I had to reluctantly leave the entire area is that the gridlock seemed to prevent almost any reasonable commute. The only "30 minute commute" is if you live and work in same neigborhood.

However, I go to rural southwest or northwest washington, or the Vancouver, WA area and the people are normal and friendly.

The mountains, fishing, skiing, and hunting in WA is so good that I return there for vacations. North Cascades are more spectacular than the Rockies.

As far as climate its to each his own. People in the southwest brag about their weather and then hide in air-conditioning most of the summer even more than we shelter from rain in winter. And note that the coast including Seattle has the worst weather. Even 20 miles inland you get a dry warm summer and fall

Old 08-01-2018, 04:51 PM

656 posts, read 805,284 times
Seattle is for visiting in the summer. No one told you?

Old 08-01-2018, 05:57 PM

513 posts, read 493,803 times
You lost me here:

"the men look more feminine and are the timid/beta type, while women act like complete *******"

the whole Incel ideology and dividing men into Alphas and Betas is just ridiculous. Presumably you are a Beta if you are spending time worrying about this and not challenging the Alpha for status?

I'm sorry you couldn't pick up the women you wanted here, but there's a whole big country out there.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:30 PM

8,061 posts, read 8,282,617 times
Hey, if half the people living here left, and half the people coming here didn't, this place would be paradise.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:32 PM

233 posts, read 303,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Hey, if half the people living here left, and half the people coming here didn't, this place would be paradise.
Except for the weather

Old 08-01-2018, 07:49 PM

29,753 posts, read 18,615,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by more rock View Post
seattle is for visiting in the summer. No one told you?
lol

Old 08-01-2018, 08:03 PM

233 posts, read 303,464 times
Sitting here in traffic and I can say it gets really old when it takes you 3 plus hours to get from Seattle to Gig Harbor. It’s also sad when you have to plan your day around traffic. Like: oh should we visit Alki Beach...no we need to just get home....or we might not get home by tonight!
When I first moved here 15 years ago it was never this bad.
Of course the construction doesn’t help.
Yes the weather in the summer is amazing but what good is that if you can’t go anywhere to enjoy it? I did venture out to Sequim. It’s beautiful there.
I’m just experiencing burn out.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:06 PM

8,154 posts, read 8,196,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusVerita View Post
I have lived here for 6 years, and can officially state that it blows! If you do move here, do yourself a favor and avoid anything inside or near Seattle city limits like the plague, the closer to Seattle you get the dumber, dirtier, and weirder EVERYTHING gets.. ask yourself a quick question, do you want to wake up each morning to see a disrespectful hobo pissing on the sidewalk across the street from his tent kingdom? Well that's most Seattle neighborhoods and, unless you're a millionaire, you'll probably be living in that kind of atmosphere.

People here are very unfriendly and cold, and won't even say hello to you on the street or make eye contact (quiet a shock for me, being originally from rural Florida and living in Italy), not to mention most here have a strong superiority complex stemming from their dogmatic political opinions, so prepare for some bitchy behavior from both sexes.

And the politics, basically over controlling police state type ****, with dumb politicians who let their city turn into a ****hole (look it up folks) and the people here think they're morally superior because they voted for some puppet or drive a prius.

People are *******, the men look more feminine and are the timid/beta type, while women act like complete *******, NOT alpha women but just disrespectful ungrateful women, (just because you have a ***** doesn't make you special) and barely any of the women are at least somewhat attractive.

Weather is crap 90% of the year, the mountains are too snowed in to enjoy (unless foggy skiing is your thing) 70% of the year, and the water activities will require a VERY thick wetsuit (better hope you don't go overboard on your speedboat! People die of hypothermia swimming in the sound in the middle of summer) you'll need vitamin D pills, and probably hype yourself on some type of drug to get up, (wonder why coffee is so popular up here, take a look in the sky!) and it really doesn't rain here, it just drizzles, I've only a handful of times seen a downpour here, so it's mainly just clouds.

Now, if you come to Washington, I'd recommend living in the east of Kent/Auburn areas (Black Diamond, Bonney Lake, Enumclaw) you've still got the weather issue but you have beautiful views of Mt Rainier, much friendlier people who are actually down to earth, now it's a bit more rural so you'll have to commute a good 30 minutes into the Seattle megacity.... GENERALLY the farther away from Seattle you get, the cheaper, cleaner, and friendlier the atmospher is

I guess our world is pretty different than yours. We love it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area