Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 10:07 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1585 View Post
So many contradictories in this statement (to point out one, OKCupid data shows that black people would have the roughest time being seen attractive by other races, to start)... I won't even. It'll just be me taking your lunch if I responded. So I'll simply say, I don't agree with ANYTHING said here.
Ahh: I see someone else read the OK Cupid data analysis book, Dataclysm. I do believe the math-head half of the founder's team for OK Cupid is the author.

Like all quant books, absolutely fascinating when you really dive into the tables. I read it over a couple flights this summer, traveling often and a great time to catch up.

Your statement was one of the more-startling to arise from the data, but there were some real wowzers elsewhere. Biggest being, to paraphrase: women rate themselves far higher than men do, and men far lower than men self-rate. That leads to a perceived "numbers" gap, a 7 woman setting for a 5 man (in her mind) leading to relationship-arbitrage and eventual breakup at higher rates than in years past.

I could see it, women are very sly and cagey about such stuff and I'll never get a straight answer. Why would I want one? If she really thinks I'm some slovenly ape, knowledge of that does not help me in the hunter/gatherer sense.

Next was that what, a woman's "peak" age is 18 or 22, I don't recall? Dayum. I don't remember if men had one, I may go look.

Next was that women who were 9s or 10s received overwhelming volumes of responses. What, I should be surprised about that? Troy was sacked over a woman, with 50-100K casualties and it in-fact disappeared into legend as a city-state for thousands of years. "Thank you, Helen??"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 12:10 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,910,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericaBravoCharles View Post
Seattle can't be any worse than San Diego. The people down there are just pricks.

L.A. is easier to find love in than any city I've been to on the West Coast, including Seattle--very relatively speaking. L.A. is still huge and full of people who love their leased BMWs, but, remember, L.A. actually isn't a showy, pretentious, rude city once you leave the admittedly large west side/Hollywood scene.
San Diego is full of lousy people, but there are a lot of good looking women & for guys it's fairly easy to date casually. Seattle is worse than San Diego in some ways without question.

LA's biggest issue is logistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicfamly5 View Post
As a black woman I found that I had absolutely no problem in dating in Seattle, mainly thanks to the fact it's not filled with as many closed minded people who insists you date someone based on their skin color.
Mainly I think the people having issues dating in Seattle are men. I also found it easier to date out in the west in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
I grew up in the South where it wasn't like this.
My experience in the south is there's a lot of race mixing, but also a lot of racism still. It's weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
This leads me to wonder if Seattle is like Silicon Valley or "Menver" (Denver).
Can it really be called Menver anymore now that the numbers are closer to 50-50?

Quote:
As the other extreme, in places like NY or Nashville or some parts of the south the women outnumber the men and it's easier for men to get dates. Florida was great for me as a guy.

Location is key.
Nashville has or had one of the best ratios for guys in the south from what I've seen. Although I keep hearing a lot of guys talking about not "feeling it anymore" or "I just kind of walked around and didn't talk to anyone." stuff lately. Well, duh! It's going to suck if you're not being social.

On the other hand you have a place like Charleston, which is great for guys, but women complain a lot about dating there as the numbers aren't in their favor.

I've noticed a lot of people try to downplay location. While it certainly isn't the first thing you should try you also have to be careful about the CD phenomenon - Guy can't get a date anywhere so moving isn't going to help.

Quote:
I think the real challenge is avoiding divorce long-term. A lot of guys can complain about the gender ratio in the early dating stages when in the wrong location. But once that part is fixed, then the real challenges come in parenthood and somehow avoiding divorce and infidelity at a time when most people are unable to do so.
Assuming they want to get married at all.
Assuming they aren't addicted to their phone.
Assuming they don't put off kids until it's too late.
Assuming they aren't putting the career above all else.

And so on.

Meeting a quality person period these days seems rarer than it was just 15-20 years ago.

Last edited by Port Pitt Ash; 11-09-2018 at 12:29 AM..

Old 11-09-2018, 08:30 AM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
git yur eyes off the phone. make eye contact. smile.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:50 PM

905 posts, read 1,102,038 times
Well, this just came out today...

https://komonews.com/news/local/seat...ngles-in-study

Ha! So which one is it?? Can't be both!

Old 11-12-2018, 09:03 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
Yeah I don't know either. I've been here for 4 days and get nothing but good vibes from the females!

Old 11-13-2018, 11:17 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Yeah I don't know either. I've been here for 4 days and get nothing but good vibes from the females!
The friendly guys clean up. It's like taking candy from a baby. Seattle needs more guys like you.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:19 PM

656 posts, read 812,831 times
With the Seattle Freeze, how do you even know if he/she likes you?

Old 11-13-2018, 04:21 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post

She'll no doubt put a Bernie bumper sticker on your car

Old 11-15-2018, 12:13 AM

1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
If she looks at you while talking and is smiling at the same time, your golden! Im 50 years old so the woman my age are more relaxed and approachable. I have seen this thing they call the freeze in much younger women. I knew what it was as soon as a saw it ! And I've been here less than a week.

Old 11-27-2018, 06:24 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,086 times
Seattle freeze is real. The women here are elitist snobs. And also socially odd...and icy cold. Seattle sucks for men. Great for single women though. Always has been. Women care about two things in Seattle....money and model.looks. I have never lived in a more shallow, souless city. Seattle is the city that is all head and no heart.
Seattle is the worst city in America for dating for single men...easily. Period. End of story. Actually the whole Pacific Northwest has that " socially cold and socially retarded vibe. The PNW is way overrated people wise. Also Seattle is disgustingly expensive... And the traffic will drive you mad. Nuff said.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 11-27-2018 at 06:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area