Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 25,335 times

Advertisements

I will be making my long awaited first visit to Seattle in mid May.

I want to stay at a nice hotel or B*B where i can walk to "the hub" of places to see.
I am also a big handmade, artsy craftsty gal and would love to visit neat shops.

I thank you all for any suggestions and info

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 10:51 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,102,730 times
Hi. Welcome in May!
As for your artsy pleasures, I have two suggestions:
Pike Place Market, which is both a farmer's market and a daily mart for artisans.
University District, on the avenue, which has lots of artsy shops. Seattle is well served by many, many busses that go everywhere, comfortably and often. Your hotel's front desk persons or your B&B hosts will be able to tell you where to get a bus to either place.

As for places to see and things to do, you'd get tons of info if you browse through the following recent threads in which we have answered that question at great length! Enjoy!
Planning a Seattle vacation.....need some help
and
Seattle...what should I do?
and
Tourism packages?
and restaurants:
Downtown Seattle restaurants | Restaurant menus, reviews and maps on urbanspoon.com
Seattle is a seafood heaven! --
Seattle Seafood Restaurants - The Best Seafood restaurants in Seattle, WA - 10Best

For lodgings, I strongly recommend TripAdvisor.com -- dynamite resource! Real reviews from real travelers of their real experiences of hotels, attractions, restaurants, etc.
Seattle Tourism - Seattle Vacation Reviews - Seattle Vacations - TripAdvisor

Have fun planning!

Last edited by allforcats; 04-07-2008 at 11:10 PM..

Old 04-07-2008, 11:20 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
The Fremont Sunday market ha all kinds of artsy craftsy stuff, and the Fremont neighborhood in general is delightfully kooky.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:18 PM

36 posts, read 149,157 times
There are a couple 'elegant' B&B's on Capitol Hill. They are both in Tudor style mansions and are right up the street from Broadway, which is a fun neighborhood and a 10 minute bus ride to downtown. Here is the link to both of them:

Seattle Bed and Breakfast, Seattle Washington Bed and Breakfast

Bacon Mansion Bed and Breakfast - Seattle, Washington - English Tudor Lodging Accommodations on Seattle's Historic Capitol Hill - Offering Weddings, Receptions and Catering

Old 04-10-2008, 10:49 AM

265 posts, read 1,073,820 times
Courtyard Marriott on Lake Washington (I think) was awesome and reasonably priced. Right next to an Outback Steakhouse and Bonefish grill. Go during July 4th for awesome fireworks..... man I wish I were living there already.... You CAN walk to the Space Needle, but its a small hike. Driving in Seattle is a cakewalk compared to East Coast cities!

Old 04-10-2008, 12:37 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,102,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
The Fremont Sunday market ha all kinds of artsy craftsy stuff, and the Fremont neighborhood in general is delightfully kooky.
YES. And here's someone you might love to visit whom most tourists never even hear of, the Fremont Troll: (take a big stick with you, and don't carry food on your person...)
Fremont Troll, Seattle, Washington
and
Fremont Chamber of Commerce

Old 04-15-2008, 10:31 AM

265 posts, read 1,073,820 times
Sorry, when I said Lake Washington above, what I meant was lake UNION! I found that staying just south of Lake Union at the hotels there gave me great accessibility for a great price and close to good dinner food. And its great for the 4th of July!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area