Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 10:48 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunAndRain808 View Post
https://komonews.com/news/local/rain...-study-reports

This is also my post that I have posted couple of years ago about a jerk driver in Kirkland area who almost hit me while crossing the street IN a marked crosswalk..
Random retorts...mostly tongue in cheek, responding to someone else's gobbledegook rant:

Kirkland crosswalk, near miss? Dammit! Next time I'll try a little harder, then. Almost had you that time.

1) People 'zipper' here just fine, in my experience in 20 years on the GD roads. Often, though far from always, there are a few jerks as-well. I let 'em in, it's car-Karma that is paid back almost daily in others' being courteous to let me in. Supernatural aside, it's also commons sense: if I do it often, others might too. Sure enough...I see someone hasn't driven in San Francisco Bay Area, home of "Eff you, jack!"

2) Can't answer to rural behavior in trashy ghetto places like Puyallup... that you 'have noticed that'. People pull that thrashed-out pickup truck crap on me, I make every effort to pass them ASAP. So far, so good, but I do NOT drive craptastic cars that can't get out of their own way either. If they Italian Salute me on the way by, well, that's too damn bad for them. One in the garage right now is a pickup with a big old supercharger, perfect for fat, white, awesome-haired and well-shaved guys like me, huh chump? Guess someone hasn't been to Texas, surprised the F150 isn't state-mandated for residency.

3) Bellevue jerks and smattering of performance cars: don't forget Porsches and the odd Lamborghini in remainder of Eastside, in the general condemnation of those who enjoy performance cars. Next time be more thorough with the slurs. Complete ______t, by the way.

4) No wonder people come and go? LOL: no kidding. Failures are run out with terrifying efficiency. This is not a "everyone's a winner" kind of town. It's temporary for those who don't belong here and can't cut it. Bye then: complete fail.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 11:07 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,910,334 times
I agree Seattle has terrible drivers but the frustrating overly-cautious and left-lane cruising variety, not rude. At least in my experience.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:01 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,198,110 times
I just find a lot of the drivers inattentive and out in space

Old 02-04-2019, 02:26 PM

511 posts, read 624,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
I agree Seattle has terrible drivers but the frustrating overly-cautious and left-lane cruising variety, not rude. At least in my experience.
I've lived here 16 years and still haven't gotten used to the drivers. I take epic road trips, and I've experienced driving culture in many parts of the US and Canada, so I've got a lot to go on.

Drivers here are driven by their fear and lack of confidence. The only time they're rude is if you provoke them, in my experience. They are easily provoked, I admit, however, but in the end, if they're rude, they usually feel you've dissed them in some way OR you are not following the rules they believe should be followed.

I learned to drive on the Southern California freeways, and I'm most definitely an assertive driver. People here probably call it "aggressive," but despite all that, I'm rarely flipped off or honked at. You've just got to go with the flow, understand how it is, and have compassion for them. Otherwise, you will be in a constant state of stress. I just got back from a road trip to San Diego last week, and I'll take LA drivers ANY DAY over Seattle drivers. People here keep me a bit on edge. I never saw so many rolled over cars in ditches until I moved here. People jerk the steering wheel in extreme fear for next to nothing. If people drove like that in LA, the freeways would be mountains of steel cars on top of one another.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:46 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
Yep, these drivers don't give you an inch!! lol

The thing that irritates me? If theres 2 lanes for the same direction the person in the other lane that is doing the same speed as you will hang out in your blind spot. It happens all the time!! Now everytime I go to change lanes I have to check. So I think it has something to do with the way they are taught to drive. Am I alone on this one?

Old 02-05-2019, 04:47 PM

23 posts, read 13,926 times
Not just drivers. Worst roads in US. South Seattle, SW Seattle, Renton, Downtown - condition of roads so bad that you have a feeling like you driving in 3rd world country.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulana View Post
Not just drivers. Worst roads in US. South Seattle, SW Seattle, Renton, Downtown - condition of roads so bad that you have a feeling like you driving in 3rd world country.
I've been on way worse. Out of all the places I have been, NYC hands down has the worst condition roads. Pot holes that will take a rim out!

Old 02-05-2019, 05:33 PM

23 posts, read 13,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
I've been on way worse. Out of all the places I have been, NYC hands down has the worst condition roads. Pot holes that will take a rim out!
NYC is not typical US city. It is like country inside the country. About half of NYC populations are immigrants who were born not in US. It is melting pot of multiple nationalities. NYC has worst drivers (way worst than in Seattle), worst roads, worst subway - smelly, dirty and old, worst renting housing. Only good thing about NYC job opportunity and cultural attractions.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:54 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,120,375 times
Quote:
Try the Midwest to see much worse.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
NYC is not typical US city. It is like country inside the country. About half of NYC populations are immigrants who were born not in US. It is melting pot of multiple nationalities. NYC has worst drivers (way worst than in Seattle), worst roads, worst subway - smelly, dirty and old, worst renting housing. Only good thing about NYC job opportunity and cultural attractions.
I agree! Except about the subways. I don't think any other subway system in the US can match it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area