Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 06:18 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,192,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by automobilist View Post
If you like old fat guys with tri-5 Chevy's, go to XXX. Well, they'll show up at E@RTC too... And XXX does have a couple non-hot rod events, so that's cool.

If you like "exotics", and nothing as pedestrian as your typical new 911 or Mustang, you'll love E@RTC. The British show in Kirkland is cool as well. But in general, the best show in town consistently is Exotics @ Redmond Town Center...

I'll be there some this year with a couple of our cars. And maybe we'll trailer in our Formula V race car once or twice...

Finally, there's a secret, private show in the hills between Woodinville & Monroe last Saturday in July. Figure out who I am at E@RTC, and I'll let you come...

Ed
Automobilist, since 1961...

2018 Toyota Highlander
2017 Mustang GT 5.0
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
1997 Aston Martin DB7
1973 Mercedes-Benz 450SL
1969 Beach Mk5-C Formula V
1964 Triumph Spitfire (race car)
1952 MG TD
I couldn't make it on Saturday. Hopefully next week I will get there. I went to the Porshce show at XXX. Very cool with both old and new with various flavors.

This was my fav from the new stuff. GT3RS

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 08:25 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Your son has great taste and luck!! Those early ones are full of chrome.

Ever been to these?
Son got a great deal on the '65 911 from a 85+ YO Boeing engineer / collector from Bellingham who interviewed potential purchasers to exclude 'flippers'.

Been to Vancouver event for many yrs (all about 'running' rigs, the good and the bad (in process) but is very fun, and good representation of all comers... They used to allow smoking tires while on main street, but got a tad 'cloudy' (choke/choke) with many big blocks...

In HS I rebuilt totals; and had Mopar (hemi Cuda(70, bought totaled for $980) + 340 Duster (71) / 68 GTX, 69 Super Bee) SB Chev in earlier yrs (SS Nova 66)

I'm headed to Sandpoint this yr and has been recommended.

As a lifelong 'trucker', I'm into restored semi trucks and oil burners, so head to Reno next month for national ATHS convention

https://www.aths.org/2019convention

Due to fuel crisis in 1975-76, I helped build several EV's, but since I lived in the boonies on a Colorado ranch (think COLD and snow) I went Diesel (Home brew), and never went back to gas. Excluding (9) Racing Motorcycles, of which 15 min ago I just took a spin on one of my 1976 Thumpers. Still has lots of GUTS!
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...004-500xt.html
Did this in my 'free time' back in Kenny Roberts days...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...w-vft-org.html

All in good fun.

I like to keep vintage bikes in areas that are good winter riding (Bay area and TX and AZ) in Summer CO and WA and Canada.

Saw the most amazing custom and sports cars in NZ. Every sheep farmer has several! (USA and British custom / collector cars). NZ is a nice place to spend Jan and Feb!

Old 04-21-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Son got a great deal on the '65 911 from a 85+ YO Boeing engineer / collector from Bellingham who interviewed potential purchasers to exclude 'flippers'.

Been to Vancouver event for many yrs (all about 'running' rigs, the good and the bad (in process) but is very fun, and good representation of all comers... They used to allow smoking tires while on main street, but got a tad 'cloudy' (choke/choke) with many big blocks...

In HS I rebuilt totals; and had Mopar (hemi Cuda(70, bought totaled for $980) + 340 Duster (71) / 68 GTX, 69 Super Bee) SB Chev in earlier yrs (SS Nova 66)

I'm headed to Sandpoint this yr and has been recommended.

As a lifelong 'trucker', I'm into restored semi trucks and oil burners, so head to Reno next month for national ATHS convention

https://www.aths.org/2019convention

Due to fuel crisis in 1975-76, I helped build several EV's, but since I lived in the boonies on a Colorado ranch (think COLD and snow) I went Diesel (Home brew), and never went back to gas. Excluding (9) Racing Motorcycles, of which 15 min ago I just took a spin on one of my 1976 Thumpers. Still has lots of GUTS!
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...004-500xt.html
Did this in my 'free time' back in Kenny Roberts days...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...w-vft-org.html

All in good fun.

I like to keep vintage bikes in areas that are good winter riding (Bay area and TX and AZ) in Summer CO and WA and Canada.

Saw the most amazing custom and sports cars in NZ. Every sheep farmer has several! (USA and British custom / collector cars). NZ is a nice place to spend Jan and Feb!
They had quite a few older 911's there today. A hemi Cuda for under a grand! Those were the days. Hemi's were rare. I never saw one on the street till I was in my 20's. And that was at a car show! lol

I like the look of those dirt trackers. I like seeing them on the street. Harley made one back in the 70's and started making it again. XR ?

Good stuff.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:06 PM

That 1958 Buddy Holly tour bus behind the xxx rootbeer place. Is that legit?

Old 07-03-2019, 01:37 PM

This Saturday is Italian car day at Redmond town square. This should prove to be an epic show!!

Old 07-03-2019, 08:11 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
The original Bullitt Mustang on display through July 14:

https://www.americascarmuseum.org/

Old 07-03-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
The original Bullitt Mustang on display through July 14:

https://www.americascarmuseum.org/
I've been trying to get to that place. I sure hope the Bullitt car has patina like in the picture and has not been totally restored.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:11 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
Quote:
I've been trying to get to that place. I sure hope the Bullitt car has patina like in the picture and has not been totally restored.
Quote:
Two Mustang GT 390s were modified for the making of Bullitt – which included a dark Highland Green paint scheme, no exterior badges, scoops or spoilers and adorned with a black-mesh grille absent of Ford’s iconic pony badging. Of the two, this is the only surviving car.

While the car would live on as a daily driver for the Kiernan family, it eventually wound up being stored in their garage in Tennessee for years before being resurrected, thanks to the thoughtful recommissioning of his son, Sean. The Bullitt Mustang, still rocking its original paint and remaining largely unmodified, was showcased at the 2018 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) nearly half a century after the movie premiered alongside a new tribute model from Ford.
https://www.americascarmuseum.org/ex...ibits/bullitt/

Old 07-03-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Pretty cool story. The newer model tribute is pretty awesome as well.

Thanks for the input.

Old 07-05-2019, 12:08 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
Quote:
Pretty cool story. The newer model tribute is pretty awesome as well.

Thanks for the input.
That it is, was my first choice when making a Mustang buy couple months ago. Nope...they sold it. But not the ruby red metallic 350R, so that's in my garage instead.

Armchair quarterbacking, wish they'd put the GT350 5.2L, rev to 8,250rpm plus PP2 in the Bullitt. As-is, it's a PP1 5.0 w/Coyote engine, which is fine and all...but doesn't have that Tremec tranny either and that transmission is the BOMB in the GT350/Rs....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area