U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 01:52 AM

1,800 posts, read 2,148,683 times

Advertisements

With Macy's and even Nordstrom closing at the Northgate mall and even small stores at Northgate mall closing will retail stores downtown seattle benefit??

This year for my mother's day shopping I went to downtown Seattle instead of the Northgate mall to go to macys,old navy and America Eagle.

The Northgate mall Macy's and old navy stores have hardly any merchandise.

The downtown seattle Macy's got in tons and tons of new spring and summer merchandise not only for my mom but for males as well. The downtown seattle Macy's even carries more selection than Macy's Bellevue square.

The downtown seattle America Eagle and old navy stores are considered flagship stores.

The Nordstrom downtown seattle is amazing.

I looks like with the Northgate mall disappearing away from retail I found my new place to shop which is downtown seattle. Downtown seattle is only one bus from my apartment which is the 41 bus.

I'm hoping that Macy's in downtown Seattle doesn't go out of business.

My girlfriend who lives in magnolia Seattle also plans to take the bus to downtown seattle to shop at Macy's and old navy when Northgate mall is gone.

Also university village I think will also pick up some former Northgate mall shoppers.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 01:56 AM

For my dad's birthday and fathers day this June I will take the 41 bus to downtown seattle to shop at Macy's.

Bellevue square is 2 buses from my Northgate seattle apartment and it takes 1 hour oneway which isn't too bad. Either the 41 bus to the 550 bus or the 67 bus to the 271 bus take me to Bellevue square.

Alderwood mall is a nice mall but is worthless if you rely on public transportation.

Old 04-26-2019, 02:01 AM

It seems that even with the bus and homeless people in downtown seattle retailers are still investing in downtown seattle. The only exception is bartel Drugs which wrote an article that because of the crime in downtown seattle won't be opening any new stores in downtown.

It seems that target,Macy's and Nordstrom do a good business in downtown seattle.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:45 PM

6,410 posts, read 4,243,199 times
I think, generally, not. Most Northgate users who shopped at Macy's probably have no desire to go downtown. I would predict a Macy's fan would likely prefer Lynnwood simply for the convenience.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:12 AM

80,924 posts, read 73,981,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I think, generally, not. Most Northgate users who shopped at Macy's probably have no desire to go downtown. I would predict a Macy's fan would likely prefer Lynnwood simply for the convenience.
I went out to the mall in Lynnwood, and wasn't impressed at all. Maybe I hit the Macy's there in the wrong week, but it looked fairly empty of merchandise, and the selection was poor. It didn't look like a Macy's at all.

And this thread is the first I've heard, that Nordy's is leaving Northgate. That's too bad. For a smaller branch store, I thought they did a pretty good job. I got a lot of mileage out of them, when I lived nearby. If those two anchor stores are leaving, I think the mall will decline. There won't hardly be any reason to go there, anymore, even for people who live in the area.

Old 04-27-2019, 12:58 PM

6,230 posts, read 4,984,068 times
Probably U Village would benefit more than Downtown.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I went out to the mall in Lynnwood, and wasn't impressed at all. Maybe I hit the Macy's there in the wrong week, but it looked fairly empty of merchandise, and the selection was poor. It didn't look like a Macy's at all.

And this thread is the first I've heard, that Nordy's is leaving Northgate. That's too bad. For a smaller branch store, I thought they did a pretty good job. I got a lot of mileage out of them, when I lived nearby. If those two anchor stores are leaving, I think the mall will decline. There won't hardly be any reason to go there, anymore, even for people who live in the area.
All of the Nordstrom Northgate employees know that Nordstrom is leaving Northgate mall. Also California pizza kitchen is leaving Northgate mall as well.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
If you have a car getting to Lynnwood from Northgate is a breeze. If you ride the bus you are better off going downtown.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:19 PM

80,924 posts, read 73,981,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
If you have a car getting to Lynnwood from Northgate is a breeze. If you ride the bus you are better off going downtown.
IDK about that. The downtown store is bigger, so that's one reason to go, and y ou can have lunch downtown & visit PP Market, so that's another reason to go. But I like visiting Alderwood, and the bus to there isn't a big deal. Plus, the people are friendlier out there; the pace is slower, and people stop to chat, which is unheard of in Seattle. It's a nice change of pace from the crowds and hustle-bustle of downtown.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
IDK about that. The downtown store is bigger, so that's one reason to go, and y ou can have lunch downtown & visit PP Market, so that's another reason to go. But I like visiting Alderwood, and the bus to there isn't a big deal. Plus, the people are friendlier out there; the pace is slower, and people stop to chat, which is unheard of in Seattle. It's a nice change of pace from the crowds and hustle-bustle of downtown.
When I take the 41 bus to downtown seattle to go to Macy's and Nordstrom I do walk to pike place market. The downtown Macy's is bigger than Alderwood Macy's.

Unless I'm missing something to take the bus to Alderwood mall From Northgate area is 3 buses while downtown seattle is only 1 bus.

Downtown seattle can be a fun place to spend a Sunday afternoon as well as pike place market and the seattle waterfront.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or