Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 09:53 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times

Advertisements

Online, reliable and good prices: Jeffers Pet Supply or Pet Edge. Don't buy pet supplies off of Amazon. If you want high end dog equipment 3C's.

Scratching posts and litter pans, you can get almost anywhere. Target, Walmart, I've even seen them at a few grocery stores.

You should be able to buy kidney failure cat food at any specialty pet food store. I very much doubt that you would need a prescription for it. Or maybe order from Chewy.com. Chewy also sells pet toys as well as pet food.

My local feed store (for livestock) sells a lot of specialty high end pet foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 06:46 PM

50 posts, read 25,686 times
Ah that's a really useful site, thank you. Seems the rules are more relaxed in the US regarding "prescription" food.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:02 PM

Seattle has a couple of new kitties today. They flew into Vancouver with my husband on the same flight, and travelled down by town car. All very smooth, and so glad we were advised by the pet movers to do it this way so they only had one flight and less time sitting around scary, noisy, airports.

Now I'm wondering how Air Canada can fly direct from Sydney to Vancouver but nobody can fly direct from Sydney to Seattle!

I'm following in a fortnight; meanwhile my apartment seems very empty.
Attached Thumbnails
Pet Supplies in or around Downtown-2019-05-31-14.46.31.jpg  

Old 06-03-2019, 03:51 AM

464 posts, read 286,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Kooky View Post
Thanks guys, he found Mud Bay on one of his exploring walks. 3rd & Stewart vets were mentioned and also Urban Animal.

Kayela - living in Australia we're not really into Amazon, etc., in a big way but I do recall my friend in Boston gets everything delivered, right down to a pack of toothbrushes. The packaging and delivery miles concern me, but I may do it for some hard-to-find items. Especially as we're hoping not to have a car.

I'm timing my trip for - hopefully - good weather! Here in Sydney as we head into Winter (June to August), we're expecting 23C (73F) today. It's a tad worrying, TBH.

Glad to hear this is going well for you, I bet you will love Seattle as much as I!

I lived downtown for almost three years, but that was 25 years ago, but I do remember the free downtown busses, boy were they handy!

The downtown corridor is a free bus zone that extends from about Belltown in the northern part, down to Chinatown, you just jump on a bus, they are all free in the zone, doesn't matter the end destination, and get off before the end of the free zone.

(Makes for getting on and off the bus downtown quick as well!)

Hope they still have those, and Seattle has had an award winning public transportation system for a long time now, they seem to be often at or near the very top across the nation for this.

10 U.S. Cities with the Best Public Transportation
  • Seattle, WA. Like its many metropolitan counterparts, Seattle's public transit system encompasses rail and bus transportation. ...
  • Denver, CO. ...
  • Los Angeles, CA. ...
  • Philadelphia, PA. ...
  • San Jose, CA. ...
  • Washington, D.C. ...
  • Boston, MA. ...
  • Chicago, IL.
They have pretty good commuter trains running between Tacoma and Seattle too.

This is the best region in the country, the whole of western Wa. is a recreation zone, and really gets the best weather, especially nowadays, we get the rain to keep everything green, but not the floods and tornadoes and so many other things going on around the country.

An old friend of mine lived right next to the Pike Market, he used to shop for fresh produce every single day!

Thx

Last edited by Thx-1138; 06-03-2019 at 04:08 AM..

Old 06-03-2019, 10:05 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,923,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thx-1138 View Post
The downtown corridor is a free bus zone that extends from about Belltown in the northern part, down to Chinatown, you just jump on a bus, they are all free in the zone, doesn't matter the end destination, and get off before the end of the free zone.

The free-ride zone ended several years ago but there is talk about it being resurrected. There is now a free waterfront shuttle that travels from Pioneer Square to the Seattle Center (Space Needle) as well as a branch that goes up towards Pike Place Market.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thx-1138 View Post

An old friend of mine lived right next to the Pike Market, he used to shop for fresh produce every single day!

We'll be really close to it too, and I'm looking forward to exploring. I haven't cooked for a long time but, as I won't be working (initially at least) I do want to start again. As much for our waistlines as anything else!

(Might need a trip to Target first, not shipping anything useful.)

Old 06-04-2019, 09:40 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
It's 2019, I by-and-large let the supplies come to me. Might not completely solve all needs, but...

My bro-sis twins are seven and in fine health. I started them for years on Science Diet-type dry. Past few years I've switched to Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Dry Cat Food, Chicken 12-lb and occasional squishy of whatever they have at the store...90-10% or even 95-5%. After trying various litters, I'm a major fan of ARM & HAMMER Clump & Seal Platinum Cat Litter, Multi-Cat, 40 lb.

Amazon delivers both of these heavy, bulky items, you'll want to be a Prime member if you do bulk of your consumer goods shopping online (and I surely do, between there Macy's Polo and Brooks Brothers, well, that covers 95% of my retail needs). I have a subscription to the cat food and litter, each every OTHER month. Very easy to manage if you want to skip a month, btw, as it's not an exact science and I obviously prefer to keep a bag ahead but not too far ahead (and have 40lbs litter extra, same caveat).

Can't help with vets downtown, mine's in Juanita.

Let's put it this way: my last sweetheart, Ms. O, lived to 16 and 1/2 until succumbing to kidney failure on IAMs (maybe 7 years) and before that whatever was on sale at the Piggly Wiggly. These days I'm a little more conscientious, but don't dwell on it either: some say that Blue Buffalo is the bomb, others hate it; fine. The cats love it and aren't fat, nor do they go hungry, and they have lustrous coats and chipper attitudes. That about sums it up, full stop, AFAIC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area