Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 06:49 PM

8,154 posts, read 8,201,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Lot of towns @Puget Sound area have the good old Farmer's Market going on, did not know Edmonds had this too. Redmond's is pretty cool. There are many, many others I've attended o'er the years.

See: twenty years here, always a new activity to find if one asks the right question

There used to be a Mexican restaurant in that circle that is the 'heart' of Edmonds, they were all about southern Mexico (I think) and other eclectic dishes vs. your standard enchiladas and fish tacos. Exquisite. Haven't been there in maybe ten years, though.
Yeah, farmers markets are all over, baerde, here's a good link to find them: https://farm-guide.org/farmers-markets/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 11:49 AM

3 posts, read 8,694 times
Thanks for all the great input! I'll be checking out the homes and keeping track of how prices are going!

Old 09-16-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess88 View Post
Thanks for all the great input! I'll be checking out the homes and keeping track of how prices are going!

You're welcome! I'd settle for a smaller home and live in or near the Edmonds Bowl, it's just a great community.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:32 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,228,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess88 View Post
Hello - looking for advice on best neighborhoods north of Seattle area. DH will have job at SEATAC (pilot - so not an every single day commute and not always during rush hour). We have 3 kids who will be in middle school and high school. We'd really like to find a smaller town - with:
- good schools (great school ratings of 8+)
- small town atmosphere -- or a neighborhood with a great atmosphere (we do not want the 'burbs feel) - like a main area that has local restaurants and stores -- and its own vibe.
- we'd LOVE a home with water views

bonuses would be close to biking trails, parks, and other outdoor rec. Also good libraries too!

Our housing budget would be between 900-1.3m (thats a big range, but our thought is in the 900s - we get a house that needs major updating, for 1.3, we just move in).

We've visited Edmonds and just really love the look and feel -- but of course visiting is not the same as living there. Looking at homes online - Mukilteo looks good - but we haven't visited.

We can do in person house hunting next summer -- but for now we'd like some insight on where to narrow down our search.

Thank you!
My wife and I liked Mukilteo. We took the Ferry to Whidbey Island, and I showed my wife the Naval Air Station, and the neat little town of Coupeville, Known for Killer whale watching . Mukilteo had a good feel to my wife and I when we were there. Edmonds has a ferry which runs to Kingston, on the Olympic Peninsula, and the back way to Bremerton Navy yard. We, my Navy ship at the time was in the yards. We took the ferry to work every day riding buses. We went from Everett to Bremerton and back to Everett every work day. Made for long commute every day. Edmonds would be a good choice to live. Both places have there positives.
Best of luck with your visit and future move.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:11 PM

12,968 posts, read 7,335,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
I like Edmonds a lot more. Mukilteo doesn't even have a downtown area.
Mukiteo's DT is, Boeing's Factory Store.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:53 PM

726 posts, read 1,351,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
You're welcome! I'd settle for a smaller home and live in or near the Edmonds Bowl, it's just a great community.

Is there any definite boundaries for the "Edmonds Bowl" -- every time I think I have it figured out, I find a graph or something that looks totally different. How do people who actually live there define it?

Old 05-03-2021, 08:05 PM

(Roughly): Hwy 104, Woodway and Marina Beach Park are the south end of “The Bowl”, east boundary head north on 9th Ave S, cut diagonally NE to include Yost Park. Head North again just east of 12th Ave N, North again on 9th ave W till (roughly) Hutt Park then jog just west to Puget Sound, then go SW down the waterfront to close the shape at (roughly) Marina Beach Park. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area