U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 11:36 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,301,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Lots of cities have "good" areas and "bad" areas; Tacoma is no exception. (For some, a "bad" area is anywhere brown or black people can be seen on the street.) Increasingly, not just poor (brown, black, and white) people, but middle-class families, are being pushed, by skyrocketing housing costs, south of Seattle/Bellevue, including to Tacoma, among other varied locales.

If you insist on living only in perfect areas, be prepared to have your housing costs or transportation costs/commute times doubled. You'll also be ensuring that they keep going up, up, and away...
I'm not really sure if you meant to quote me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2019, 11:54 AM

7,157 posts, read 9,264,497 times
Quote:
Lots of cities have "good" areas and "bad" areas; Tacoma is no exception. (For some, a "bad" area is anywhere brown or black people can be seen on the street.) Increasingly, not just poor (brown, black, and white) people, but middle-class families, are being pushed, by skyrocketing housing costs, south of Seattle/Bellevue, including to Tacoma, among other varied locales.

If you insist on living only in perfect areas, be prepared to have your housing costs or transportation costs/commute times doubled. You'll also be ensuring that they keep going up, up, and away...
"Perfect" doesn't exist anywhere.

Old 10-24-2019, 06:13 PM

4,257 posts, read 3,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Get some job offers,
then find a rental,
then look get to know the neighborhoods, and find a RE agent
Finally buy.

Where you find the jobs will determine your abode.
and you will it difficult to find something at $350-400. Certainly doable but your commute may be very bad.
I'd 180 them right over to WA forum, and Wenatchee, if they liked Leavenworth. I have no use for the place in the summer (= oven hot) and silly though pretty in the Winter, though women love the "Christmas Wonderland" crazy crud and there often-as-not is snow up there. Won't find that in the lowlands two often. Hell, I'm an ogre and had fun with a lady up in Leavenworth last Christmas, too. It's cute. I guess no one

Little, if anything, that makes any remote sense is with an hour of Seattle at that price point. Jobs first. End of story. Rest is rampant speculation, until and if.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:16 AM

6,851 posts, read 5,323,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I'm not really sure if you meant to quote me.
You're right, I quoted the wrong post, and then omitted to proof read my own. Apologies.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
You're right, I quoted the wrong post, and then omitted to proof read my own. Apologies.
I'm gonna let it slide this time because I love the Irish.

Old 10-25-2019, 01:30 PM

80,128 posts, read 73,100,062 times
Hello? Is the OP still around?

Old 10-25-2019, 11:17 PM

6,851 posts, read 5,323,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hello? Is the OP still around?
That was her one and only post. Either we've been trolled, or she got the message, straightaway, that there is no affordable housing near Seattle.

Old 10-25-2019, 11:51 PM

5,505 posts, read 5,340,233 times
Quote:
That was her one and only post. Either we've been trolled, or she got the message, straightaway, that there is no affordable housing near Seattle.
Sticker shock is not uncommon...

Old 10-29-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Sticker shock is not uncommon...
I think you said your mom was from Texas? I lived there too. So, decent home here is 500, give or take right? You could get two decent ones in Texas for that amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or