U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 06:19 PM

4,799 posts, read 2,193,807 times

Advertisements

It's crunch time for SeaHawks. 3 minutes remaining and behind by 17.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 10:13 AM

656 posts, read 289,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayela View Post
'Pikes'? You trying to mess with the locals?

The market is nice in the winter, but I avoid it like the plague when the weather is nice. It gets unbelievably crowded, plus many neighborhoods have really decent year-round farmer's markets for things like produce, flowers, and local crafts. I lived in Capitol Hill for years, and had no problems walking to Pike Place Market. Living at Belmont & Mercer, it took 20-25 minutes (I do walk at a good clip). We checked out Belltown as well, but ultimately chose Cap Hill since there are so many other daily amenities there - like good gyms, several grocery stores, dentists, eye Drs, just as many restaurants and coffee shops, good transit, etc. One of the deciding factors was the proximity of lovely north Capitol Hill to go for a nice evening stroll in, something I didn't feel all that safe doing in Belltown. The fun thing about renting is the flexibility to change things up, but just more food for thought..
"Pike's" LOL!

I lived in Belltown for about 5 years...although that was back in the mid-90's. One other advantage to living there is proximity to Seattle Center for lots of events/concerts etc. The walk to PIKE Place Market is quite doable, and I did it with a 3-year-old! Sad to hear that downtown Macy's is closing....hope they still do the parade and star lighting etc...another advantage of Belltown living...very close to downtown....at least that used to be an advantage! I lived there without a car and had no problems. I think if OP is young, he/she will love living there. Double points as he/she stated he/she is an introvert...definite plus for Seattle living.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:41 AM

6,256 posts, read 6,070,082 times
It's crunch time for SeaHawks. 3 minutes remaining and behind by 17.

Yesterday's game sucked in many ways. Yesterday Baltimore was the better team, but, and it's a big butt, Seattle is a better team than the one they showed yesterday. Plus, the ref's put out a blind eye to so many passes to our receivers being molested that I was yelling out loud at my Sanyo TV.

Really - throw a flag upon a molestation! Did you see our tight ends throw their hands up in disgust again and again? Now, I know that Flowers and Griffin occasionally pushed a Ravens receiver, but the ref's let some pushing and shoving go. But that, ladies and gentlemen Seahawk fans, was a big reason for our defeat to Baltimore yesterday. ET probably hyped his desire to beat old Pete and the boys so loudly all week that they were like hyper college boys once they hit the field yesterday in Seattle. Booo!!!!!!!!!!!!

They'll rest up and give it another try next week. I have confidence they'll bounce back next week and have the bounce in their step back. Earl Thomas had them extra annoying hyper on defense and the ref's showed a blind man's eye to pert-near everything yesterday. Boo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or