Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 09:40 AM

301 posts, read 312,182 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I must say I am also not a big fan of this new wave of homes. This design is not my thing, it just looks like someone tries hard to maximize sqft at any cost. I much more prefer these older houses that look “normal”. No idea how it’s called but the kind you usually see in and around Discovery Park (the light yellow ones). And regardless of new or old, I loooove how houses in Seattle have huge windows! I usually stand there in the morning with a cup of coffee to appreciate epic sunrises over mountains or rolling in heavy clouds or other shows nature loves to put up.

Design aside though, what I’ve been curious as I pass these constructions ever day in Magnolia is what the quality and long term survivability of this ikea-looking material is. Is it a legitimate modern alternative to classic wooden houses? Or is it just the cheapest fastest way to build something? Seeing how fast they build these, I am really concerned it’s the latter but I also know nothing about construction so could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Well part of it is the tastes of the locals (aka cheap), and the developers and builders know seattle is a very volatile market and is prone to booms and busts often, so they want to slap something together as quick as possible to get theirs before the next bust happens.

Let’s be real, Seattle ain’t San Diego, Honolulu, NYC, Boston or any other of those desirable places to live ASIDE from career, so it is prone to riding the roller coaster
This has been discussed a million times so I’ll just go right to the meat of it - do you have any data to back this up? And also, hey, if you happen to be right and tomorrow everyone decides to move out because they’ve had enough of years of Amazon on their resume, I’ll be pretty thrilled to finally be able to afford one of those houses with epic views on Magnolia Blvd.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:10 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,198,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_b View Post
This has been discussed a million times so I’ll just go right to the meat of it - do you have any data to back this up? And also, hey, if you happen to be right and tomorrow everyone decides to move out because they’ve had enough of years of Amazon on their resume, I’ll be pretty thrilled to finally be able to afford one of those houses with epic views on Magnolia Blvd.
Yea, it’s called eyes, a brain, and common sense

Old 10-31-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
That’s a pretty complicated way of saying “no”.

Old 10-31-2019, 02:34 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,120,375 times
Quote:
It's actually called a hatred of Seattle.

Old 10-31-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
I’d personally call it “making baseless statements”.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Weren’t you the one who said portland is nicer than San Diego? That may be true, except here on planet earth inhabited by humans, just saying

Old 10-31-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_b View Post
I’d personally call it “making baseless statements”.
Ok buddy, people in the third world grow up dreaming of escaping and making it big in America and moving to Seattle and not NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago, etc... oh wait

Old 10-31-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Ok buddy, people in the third world grow up dreaming of escaping and making it big in America and moving to Seattle and not NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago, etc... oh wait
Very interesting point, do you have any data to back this up? Otherwise it’s just like, you know, your opinion, man.

Old 11-07-2019, 10:34 AM

1,348 posts, read 705,424 times
[quote=Botev1912;56524531]Why don't people in they like it dark dreary ike the weather
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area