U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2019, 06:19 PM

28 posts, read 13,334 times

Advertisements

I stumbled up on "Whisper" listings while reading a blog about home buying. Until today I assumed that only way to buy/sell a house was trough MLS.

How would one go about finding off-market listings? A simple google search shows multiple realtor agencies advertising about finding potential off-market listing. However, none of them have any reviews. How would I go about searching for a good realtor who is an expert in selling off-market listings? Would it be mentioned as a category on Zillow? I hope there is a better way than meeting multiple agents and figuring out who is the best. If there's any tips on finding off-market listings or finding good agent who is good at off-market listings, please share!

Thank you everyone who contributes good advice on this sub. I've learned and benefited a lot from all of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 07:06 PM

6,159 posts, read 4,891,988 times
Brokers/realtors can get in big trouble with WA State licensing boards if they talk about known listings that are coming to market before they are listed. It is very much considered unfair competition. On the other hand, realtors do know about homes often before they have a listing contract written on them. They have the right to talk about them then, though I believe that isn't the best way to represent the seller. It's wonderful if I think a place is worth $600k and I secure an off market buyer at that. What if though, the market value was really $700k?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or