Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,621 times

Advertisements

Heads up-This "City of Renton" facility is just as much as Wild Waves when you add in cost for 1-4 year olds! Wild Waves at least 1-3 is free. YIKES! And the price for season passes is DOUBLE that of Wild Waves-not my idea of a "City Service/Recreation!" What a rip-off! I'm sick of all these so-called "City-run" activities and recreations costing as much as private-run and for-profit companies. I can't even afford to put my kids in anything this year because of the hikes in prices. SHAME on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 PM

172 posts, read 442,065 times
I haven't been for years, but I remember it being not that great compared to other water parks in sunnier places. It's a small park about the size or half the size of the Seattle Center. It might have changed over the years though.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:16 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,206 times
I wouldn't buy a season pass yet...the summers here begin very late here and there are some days (and some stretches) where it's too darn cold to go to the pool.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:16 PM

6 posts, read 13,005 times
Don't waste your time at Wild Waves. They make you buy tickets to the adjoining park, Enchanted Village, even if you don't want to go there. The place is a dump.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:12 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,825,424 times
The season pass is a great deal and there advertising free tickets for friends this year also with the pass. And for the price of other places you get the use of two parks my kids love both parks we spend several days there. There adding on this year also a new big attraction.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hourinvest View Post
Don't waste your time at Wild Waves. They make you buy tickets to the adjoining park, Enchanted Village, even if you don't want to go there. The place is a dump.
Did they make you pay twice ? Im not understanding you, ive never had to pay to use the amusement park side. They have always let us use the other side free. The water park is one of the best I love they have two river rides. And a cabana to get a drink when my kids are playing lol.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:18 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
Did they make you pay twice ? Im not understanding you, ive never had to pay to use the amusement park side. They have always let us use the other side free. The water park is one of the best I love they have two river rides. And a cabana to get a drink when my kids are playing lol.
Nah, he evidently haven't been there in *years*. Back in the old days, the park actually was split, Enchanted Village (where the rides are) and the water park. The Water park tickets cost more because it was expected that one would use EVille (you could buy ticket just for EVille and spend the whole day on rides). Basically had a gate in the area where you feed the fish, only way you could get back in the water park was showing your stamp under the UV light.

IIRC, they stopped doing that ... over 10 years ago now.

Last edited by Inkpoe; 03-31-2011 at 03:27 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 03:42 PM

84 posts, read 180,776 times
I would vote against wild waves for a season pass as well. Go first to see how you like it. I personally did not like seeing all the gangs flying thier colors as well as tattoo'd teens that hang out in the park everywhere. I felt like I was in LA again.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger865 View Post
I would vote against wild waves for a season pass as well. Go first to see how you like it. I personally did not like seeing all the gangs flying thier colors as well as tattoo'd teens that hang out in the park everywhere. I felt like I was in LA again.
depends if you think you will go more than once its cheaper to buy a season pass than pay to entrance fees. Wow gang colors really where in there swim suites. I take my kids there every year its very safe. And the park has never had any gang or violance problems. And yes they sell the temporary tattoes in the park lolz . Wow if it offends you dont look but be for warned theres a stand in the park that sells the tatooes that last a week. And lots of kids have them so watch out.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:31 AM

84 posts, read 180,776 times
If you are not gang aware you may not notice the nuances. Colors are on the swimsuits - e.g. black and red only. People will only wear certain colors and when the entire group is wearing the same 2 colors and act a particular way ...it gives a clue. There was also allot of colored bandanas hanging out of pockets another clue. They were not temporary tatoos they encompased thier entire backs and the sayings/pictures were not of the peel and stick variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area