Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:57 AM

10 posts, read 24,716 times

Advertisements

Hi!

We will be moving to the Kent area as soon as we find a place to move to! Hubby is already there working his new job. I am still in Portland, Oregon with our little homestead critters. We raise rabbits, a small flock of chickens, and have 3 large dogs.

We are looking for a rural type rental as close to Kent as possible. We have a GREAT rental history, references available.

We are a responsible, clean, and hard working middle aged couple and would be a good stable renters.

Can anybody suggest where we would begin to start looking for such rentals?

Thank you! Catherine

Last edited by scirocco22; 05-22-2008 at 04:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 08:34 PM

Default Thank You!

I have to post a heart felt thank you to scirocco22 for helping this newbie on the forum find the right place to post this, and his wonderful guidance in figuring out how to begin my participation here.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:28 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,101,509 times
Hi MotherG -- with all your lovely critters, could you please adopt me??

I don't have a specific answer for you at the moment about where to find a "critter-friendly" rental in or near Kent, but I shall start hunting for you. I'll be back...

Old 05-23-2008, 12:46 AM

I think your strongest resource would be NWSource, the combined Classifieds for the two leading newspapers around Seattle. I've set this link to open on the page for South King County, which includes Kent and all the areas around it -- as you'll see on the map on that page. (Don't worry that it says "apartments". There will be other properties, too.)
NWapartments: Seattle apartment rentals, house rental listings, rental classifieds and other property rentals in Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue and other Washington areas, cities and neighborhoods | - Advanced search

I would also suggest looking at Craigslist.

The Kent Reporter (newspaper) doesn't show much, but here is the current rental page:
Kent Reporter Classifieds » Real Estate for Rent

Probably rent.com and forrent.com might not have "little farm" type properties, but you never know, right?

There's one more resource, might or might not have the kind of rental you need -- Seattle Weekly:
Classifieds (Seattle Weekly)

I hope that's a good start! Please say a warm good night to those lovely beings!

Last edited by allforcats; 05-23-2008 at 01:15 AM..

Old 05-23-2008, 01:19 AM

Default Oh how kind of you!

You are so kind! I had no idea where to even start.

You are now adopted by Mother Goose! (However, we are considering changing our names to The Poohmuckers)

I have kissed each and every bunny, chickie, dog, and cat on your behalf.

Off I go on a hunt through my wonderful leads.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:32 AM

My goodness -- you're welcome, AND THANK YOU!! But I have to say I love all the goofy little gigets wandering throughout your post!!!! WHAT FUN!!!

I opened Craigslist to the Seattle-Tacoma section, to save you time. Here's that link -- you'll see "Rentals" right there near the top center:
craigslist: seattle-tacoma classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Last edited by allforcats; 05-23-2008 at 01:47 AM..

Old 05-23-2008, 02:13 AM

You are my hero! I am so on the trail now. Thank you again!

I'm glad you enjoy my little friends. I make them. Not all the ones I have used, but here are some I have made related to homesteading.

And I made this one.. back to looking through adds!

Old 05-23-2008, 02:25 AM

Hahahahahahaha!!! I think you must be 6 years old!!! This is such fun!!!! What a happy heart you have.... No wonder the beasties love you.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:34 AM

LOl I am almost 52!! But 6 at heart for sure! I think you must be too?

Old 05-23-2008, 07:28 PM

Hope you've had fun roamin' through the links...
I thought of something that might help your thinking process: farmer's markets, and where to find them. You seem to me to be someone who might like to know that. This link lists every farmer's market in the state of Washington! --
Washington State Farmers Market Association (http://www.wafarmersmarkets.com/market_dir.html - broken link)
Their frequency in one location depends on population; some are one day a week, and in places with large populations they operate more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area