U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2008, 12:23 AM

5,257 posts, read 12,572,102 times

Advertisements

I also traveled to Dallas last month and honestly, I don't know how on earth people live in such a oppressively humid, hazy and hot city. Again, just like Tucson, no one was walking. It seemed everyone was in their air conditioned cars, or the mall. People talk like they like heat but when you're there, no one is outside enjoying it. Again, people talk about Seattle's weather but still Seattleites are out and about enjoying the outdoors of Seattle's 60 or 65 than many other cities right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 12:39 AM

18,982 posts, read 21,953,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
I also traveled to Dallas last month and honestly, I don't know how on earth people live in such a oppressively humid, hazy and hot city. Again, just like Tucson, no one was walking. It seemed everyone was in their air conditioned cars, or the mall. People talk like they like heat but when you're there, no one is outside enjoying it. Again, people talk about Seattle's weather but still Seattleites are out and about enjoying the outdoors of Seattle's 60 or 65 than many other cities right now.
We were in Tucson last July & August - during the height of their monsoon season and we loved it.

Ken

Old 06-03-2008, 01:50 AM

576 posts, read 1,649,414 times
I have been to Tokyo in July. ~90 degrees and humid. I thought it was hot, but it doesn't make me want to kill myself like the 45-50 degree, cloudy, and cold rain days that drag on for weeks in Seattle. I must be immune to humidity; it felt no different than a 90-degree day in Seattle to me.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:41 AM

601 posts, read 1,710,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
It's a lot warmer in Oslo Norway than it is here. We are about the same as Bavaria and Moscow and about 10 degrees warmer than Siberia. It's raining in Zurich, but it's still warmer. We are kicking the you know what out of Iceland and Greenland though. In your face Iceland and Greenland...In-your-face!!!!! BTW...I'm thinking of doing a documentary on what Seattle has done to solve global warming issues. I just don't know what we are doing so, if anyone has an idea, will you tell me so I can get a Nobel Prize. That would look cool on top of my fire mantle. Plus...I would get to do my speech in Oslo where it's a heck of a lot warmer. And...I would acknowledge you as one of the scientists who worked on "my team". My research would include the daily forecast for a year, some video of "outside" and whatever "my team of scientists" (well...you) report as the reason why we are winning the war on global warming is. Be happy about our weather. Embrace it. We won people! We mother-truckin' won! I'm thinking of putting up a sign on my house that reads "Mission Accomplished". Good idea or bad idea????
funny..I was born in and my family still lives in Bavaria. No wonder I hate Fl.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 AM

9,237 posts, read 5,392,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
we have never had 6 sunny days. Last year we had 39 sunny and 126 partly cloudy.

2007 had 39 sunny (MEANS BLUE SKY), 126 partly cloudy, 200 cloudy, 209 rainy, 38.95 inches
2006 had 70 sunny, 113 partly cloudy, 182 cloudy, 185 rainy, 48.42 inches
2005 had 60 sunny, 118 partly cloudy, 187 cloudy, 176 rainy, 35.63 inches

Also Downtown Seattle averages 71 sunny days. Sea-Tac averages 58
Lighten up, maybe you should get out and get a sense of humor. Do you really expect anyone to believe Seattle gets 6 sunny days a year? I doubt Seattle averages that many more sunny days than Sea-Tac, it's more likely the sensors used to measure them aren't calibrated the same. It's not like the whopping 13 miles between them, along the same coast, with no significant geographical features between them, at the same altitude is going to change the weather that much. But hey, if you want to quibble that Seattle has better weather than Seatac knock yourself out.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:30 AM

689 posts, read 2,722,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
August is the only really consistant summer month.
You win the "BOOBIE PRIZE",

I've lived here for 72 years and that is exactly right. I have my web feet to prove it!!
The rest of the time it's a Crap Shoot

Silverfox

Old 06-03-2008, 09:35 AM

930 posts, read 2,122,479 times
Seattle has the beautiful Cascade Mountain range on one side and the beautiful water front on the other side. Very scenic.

But lets not be morons about it. The weather pretty much sucks. If you like being outside I'd suggest you move.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:41 AM

3,455 posts, read 6,172,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post

But lets not be morons about it. The weather pretty much sucks. If you like being outside I'd suggest you move.
It rarely rains hard enough to keep me inside...

Old 06-03-2008, 10:31 AM

857 posts, read 3,657,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
I would be outside with those temps.....no not working....more like floating around in the pool....reclining on the beach....or under a tiki hut having a mojito. I have planted my mint and it is growing like crazy.....just waiting for a hot day to enjoy.
Problem with living someplace that's hot like that all the time: Unless you are independently wealthy, you don't get to float in a pool, recline on the beach, or enjoy a tiki hut most days! People still have to work in it. You still have to drag yourself from home to work, from work to grocery store, race home before everything melts, and get your lawn mowed before the HOA slaps you down. Here, you might have to do that in the rain some days, but it isn't dangerous (aside from slippery roads on the days it rains). The heat in Dallas for seven months of the year? Dangerous.

One summer I emptied my trunk of groceries. Didn't realize that my chicken breasts had slid out of the bag and further back in the trunk. Next day, I thought there was a funny smell in my car driving to work. Driving home? WHOA! Something in here is BAD! So I got home (windows open, gagging the whole way), cleaned out my car (gagging the whole time), couldn't find the problem. Finally occured to me to pop the trunk. Yow! There it was. The plastic had swelled out, there was a giant bubble over the chicken. Bubble was huge! I guess I'm lucky it didn't pop and splatter my car with rotting chicken goo. I've been much, much more careful with my groceries ever since. Here, at least, I can buy my soy ice cream at the grocery store of my choice and know it won't be totally melted by the time I get it home!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:47 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,626,976 times
Not everyone needs to do stuff outside either. I'd be much happier sitting here at work with air conditioning on and looking out at beautiful hot sunny weather than what I'm having to see out the window right now. Is it June 3rd or November 3rd? I'm a little confused...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or