U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2008, 12:34 AM

27 posts, read 164,057 times

Advertisements

allforcats, that thread is awesome! Thanks for posting it!

Our first year here was quite overwhelming and we didn't explore very much. Now that we're in our 2nd year and summer, we're ready to experience new things. Today we ventured to the Edmonds Waterfront Festival after seeing an ad - it was lots of fun with craft booths, kids activities and food galore! What a beautiful place!

Any suggestions for U-Pick farms? I've seen several ads but are there any in particular that would be great for kids? Last year we took the ferry and accompanied a friend to Sequim to enjoy the Lavendar Festival and also pick blueberries & raspberries! That was our first time picking fruit and so much fun that we'd love to do it again!

Thanks, everyone, for posting these suggestions!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 12:53 AM

3,871 posts, read 15,001,151 times
Hi again blesstd! Happy to help. About U-pick farms, Remlinger Farms in Carnation is perhaps the most famous -- they have so many yummo things! And they've been serving children for generations!
Their website home page even has coupons for goodies:
Welcome to Remlinger Farms
When you click on the "getting there", scroll down the page for a map.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:19 PM

allforcats, this farm sounds perfect to take our daughter to enjoy the animals and outdoor life! Growing up in a city, all of this is so new to us and we often are at a loss of where to start. Sometimes it can be challenging because we want our daughter to experience all the nature surrounding us yet we're learning at the same time!

Thanks for helping us along!

Old 06-01-2008, 04:12 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,001,151 times
blesstd, I think this thread (that you started here) is really helpful! Lots of suggestions here.

As for Remlinger's, you can plan, if you want to, on using Remlinger's as your "pick your own pumpkins" patch before Hallowe'en! Your daughter is just the right age, isn't she, to love choosing the roundest, biggest pumpkin she can't carry!! You might want to drill down on every bit of into on their website, and check it every couple of months for changes to suit the seasons.

I just Googled children activities WA and chose some resources that might be promising. You might also want to Google birdwatching, as there are tons of organized activities which teach adults and children, which roam the forests or shores to see birds (thus killing two, uhh goals, at the same time :-). Here's a place to start that:
Washington bird watching | birding .com

Activities for kids around Bellevue, then Puget Sound region:
Bellevue Kids' Activities - Fun stuff for children to do around Bellevue, WA
and
http://www.nwsource.com/interests/families?cmpid=Ggle_children+activity
and
Seattle Attractions: Kid's Activities
and
goCityKids Seattle - Kids & Family Activities, Seattle Entertainment & Events
and despite its title, more resources than for babies:
DeliciousBaby: Travel with Kids: Seattle, Washington

EAST SIDE July 4th activities:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/eastsidenews/2003769100_eastfourthlist30e.html

Kid activities in Renton:
Renton, WA Blog Archive Free drop-in activities for kids in Renton (http://www.about-rentonwa.com/free-drop-in-activities-for-kids-in-renton/ - broken link)

The Hands-On Children's Museum in Olympia:
Hands On Children's Museum

Snohomish County - from Kangaroo Farm to serpentarium to ice skating:
Snohomish County Press Room

Mukilteo lighthouse festival
Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival - Home Page

Whatcom County area (Bellingham) kids' resources (nice drive for everyone?):
Neighborhood Kids - Activities, Events, People - Bellingham, Whatcom County (http://www.neighborhood-kids.com/ - broken link)

Reviews of Seattle Children's Theater:
Seattle Children's Theater - Seattle, WA 98109 - Reviews: Family Entertainment Centers, Children's Activities, Entertainers - Children's Events

A ton of activities in Tacoma:
Tacoma, Washington activities and informatoin from www.everafterstore.com - Ever After

Wow! Orcas Island:
Orcas Island Activities, Attractions, Recreation, Orcas Island WA.

Redmond December holidays:
Community Events: RedmondLights Events Calendar (http://www.ci.redmond.wa.us/recreationarts/redmondlights/events3.asp - broken link)

And maybe something to think about for the future:
Children at Dancing Coyote Camp in Washington enjoy nature, summer camp activities in a Montessori philosophy setting.

Last edited by allforcats; 06-01-2008 at 05:10 PM..

Old 06-07-2008, 09:42 PM

132 posts, read 346,968 times
Saltwater State Park is real fun. You can go hiking or walk the beach and the kids can find seashells and all that stuff. Also Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma is fun they also have an aquarium too. And theres the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. And the Puyallup fair is in July till august I think?? Correct me if im wrong, im still adjusting to WA too im from NY!!

Old 06-08-2008, 07:28 PM

I must have missed my own thread!!

allforcats, this is just awesome! Thank you for doing the research and putting this together! I should of thought of Googling it. I have enough info for the summer and then some! So many ideas!

doulamamma, welcome to WA too! I've never heard of Saltwater State Park and will add this to my list of research. I've been to the Woodland Park Zoo and we love it. Definitely will make it to Point Defiance Zoo this summer!

I've just started researching where to visit in upper Oregon. Maybe I should jump to the Oregon thread to take a peek.

Here's hoping we can tell it's summer soon! Sure feels like it's sneaking past us lately.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:22 PM

132 posts, read 346,968 times
Yeah we need some sun!! And thanks for the welcome. Salt Water Park is in the Des Moines/ Federal Way area.. And have you ever heard of Redondo Beach?? Its real nice there too.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,008 times
Default Scratch Patch

This is a wonderful place [url]www.scratchpatchusa.com[/url] Earth's Minerals - Scratch Patch South African play place phenomenon now 1st of its kind in the USA !!!!!! The Scratch Patch is a fun family experience. Sit among thousands of tumbled gemstones, buy a bag , treasure hunt for your favorite rocks and take home a bag of your own selection. The Scratch Patch won the 2008 Parents Pick for Best Indoor Play Place by Go City Kids / Nickelodeon for older kids!!!! It's a place where parents, grandparents, kids, teens and groups of friends can visit and each age group gets something different out of this magical experience. Great for family outings, birthday parties and field trips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area