U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,097,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtdat View Post
My wife and I (and unborn child) are moving up to the Seattle area in a couple of months. We're relocating from Las Vegas. I have friends here (in Las Vegas) that have move here from the Seattle area and within 3 years they move back.
beautiful scenery, water, Volcanoes, amazing summers, glorious hiking trails, fern plants, douglas fir trees everywhere....its very addictive.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 02:27 PM

17 posts, read 85,057 times
Default I'm a Bellingham-ian too! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
We have wanted to move back to Bellingham for over 10 years, but cant seem to find a job to support us. I also obsess over moving back. I will say that it is nice having some sunshine, although I think maybe you can get too much sunshine. We live in Arizona.
That's so funny! I'm from Bellingham too! I get so bored of the sunshine and everyone who complains every time it sprinkles. "Quick, grab your umbrellas!! I think I felt a raindrop!!!" My hubby is from AZ but he claims he would welcome the change of scenary and lifestyle in Seattle. His job is very specialized though and he worries he wouldn't find a job up there.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:34 PM

55 posts, read 106,868 times
So, tell me about the good stuff going on in Seattle?
I love the outdoors as I am used to it in CA. Does is really rain all the time or
do you guys get an actual summer break from it?

Old 07-03-2008, 07:28 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,097,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotinthecity View Post
I love the outdoors as I am used to it in CA. Does is really rain all the time or
when I die, I hope God will send me to Seattle and pay for my house. Its that good.

Beyond beauty, Great jobs, fresh seafood, overcast skies (man do I miss that, living in the valley of sun), 4 seasons. Great music. Close to everything fun. Fantastic Airport, full of people that mind there own business (this is a plus for a people hater such as I am).

Old 07-06-2008, 06:11 AM

258 posts, read 639,508 times
I love the rain and cool weather and have been here four years and love it.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:10 PM

13 posts, read 28,013 times
Default fingers crossed

I just moved up here from Sacramento, CA about 2 days ago. I'm lucky to have escaped the smoke and the 100+ degree weather and to arrive to this BEAUTIFUL weather. Hate the heat and Sacramento is WAY too hot. I know the sunshine is short lived here, but I think that's part of this city's charm so why complain? I moved for 3 reasons:

1. Sacramento is not a very happening place (unless you like top 40 and rap) I found myself bored - maybe it's a good place to retire, ha!

2. Everyone seems to be born and bred there (I wasn't) A persistent narrow mindedness exists and also a lack of expatriates or even people who have left the country at all!! (not including Mexico or Canada)

3. Free rent! That's my main reason actually. Although I am not living in my ideal neighbourhood by any means (Sammamish, yikes! I'm still young!!) at least it's a foot in the door and a chance to acclimatise without too much financial burden.

I've lived in many countries some hot, some cold and I think that that exposure to so many climates puts me in a good position to be able to adjust to the gray when it arrives. Think this city and I will get along tremendously!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:17 AM

1,992 posts, read 5,846,217 times
Quote:
Check out Pwrights "Seattle Summer Days"...Thats what it is like nearly every day USUALLY from late june-mid september. Some years are better than others.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:13 AM

3,178 posts, read 13,005,309 times
Quote:
What part of CAlif?

I'm from Calif and NO, it does not rain much, actually what you know as rain fall it hardly does at all

Just as Tough Guy states - it is (to a CAlif) Spring Like Weather from LATE June to EARLY Sept, there is not a real summer here

But on the FLIP side to Tough Guy, from Mid Sept to Mid June (notice how much that is??) it's cold, drizzly/misty and dark clouds - lots and lots of clouds for days upon days

It's rough

Old 07-11-2008, 11:57 AM

1,992 posts, read 5,846,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
What part of CAlif?

I'm from Calif and NO, it does not rain much, actually what you know as rain fall it hardly does at all

Just as Tough Guy states - it is (to a CAlif) Spring Like Weather from LATE June to EARLY Sept, there is not a real summer here

But on the FLIP side to Tough Guy, from Mid Sept to Mid June (notice how much that is??) it's cold, drizzly/misty and dark clouds - lots and lots of clouds for days upon days

It's rough
"It's not a real summer here"- I don't know what that is supposed to mean. It's certainly cooler on average than Sacramento standards, but most people consider that a good thing. What do you call 80 degrees and sunny? Here in the PNW, it's called summer, and I think most of us can agree that it's nearly perfect weather. Yes, the rest of the year is generally cool, overcast and/or drizzly with occasional sun breaks. But to say it's not a real summer is retarded beyond words.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:07 PM

3,178 posts, read 13,005,309 times
You forget I only lived in Sac for 8 years, I'm from Southern Calif, born and brought up in Santa Monica, and other areas.

And I call 80 degrees (that doesn't appear until 5 pm) with a cool breeze SPRING TIME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or