U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:21 PM

9,601 posts, read 23,086,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
- Guido's Pizza by Greenlake. Beat Paggliacci hands-down... amazing pizza! They tore the building down and now there's a Zeek's and Bluewater Grill where it once was :/

- That restaurant, also by Greenlake, which was two teepees. Never actually went there but I drove by it every day as a kid.

- Greenlake Funeral Home is now Greenlake Montessori School (wonder if the kiddies know...)
Guido's was the best pizza in Seattle. Absolutely perfect crust.
Twin Teepees had really good breakfasts. I never ate any other meal there, but it was classic kitsch. I miss 'em both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 06:46 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,794,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Guido's was the best pizza in Seattle. Absolutely perfect crust.
Twin Teepees had really good breakfasts. I never ate any other meal there, but it was classic kitsch. I miss 'em both.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who remembers Guido's! Back then I ate meat, and the sausage was AMAZING. Long, spiced strips... man, that was the jam.

Java Club on Aurora was the first place I had coffee. They'd make you a mixed coffee/Italian soda, I got the coconut.

American Eagle Hobbies in Ballard: I blew so, so many allowances buying model kits there...

my childhood is dead.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 PM

450 posts, read 1,257,612 times
Default Pizza

I agree that Guido's was great, but the building was a bit of a hole.

I hope that folks discover Turnpike Pizza on the other side of the lake from where Guido's was (on the old Albertson's site, speaking of long lost landmarks). My new favorite pie in town, and the crust is spectacular.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,652 times
Does anyone remember the Highline theatre in Burien? I remember going to this movie house in the late fifties and early sixties as a child. It was a big Quonset hut building with a balconey and I believe it had a fish tank in the lobby. Thanks

Last edited by farm365; 07-07-2010 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: decided to add more details

Old 07-07-2010, 07:53 PM

32 posts, read 130,016 times
Boy did this bring back the memories!!!

Anyone remember Manning's restaurant in Ballard on 15th and Market? Sunday morning breakfast with Grandma after church.

I vaguely remember Playland. Herfy bugers were the best!!! I remember lots of things and places talked about here.

How about the Aquarium at --oh I forget what pier it was----pier 91 maybe??? Or was there a pier 57??? Anybody remember what pier that was?

Thanks for the Memories!!!

K-FOX

Old 07-08-2010, 10:59 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,794,470 times
Not really a place, but do you remember Roscoe the Raccoon? The puppet on channel 11, from the late 80's to the mid 90's?

I always liked that puppet for some reason. Godspeed, Roscoe, wherever you are.

Actually, Channel 11 was awesome for a preteen male back then. They had reruns of all the cool shows like Hunter, and late night movies with tons of explosions and stuff. I'm sure now I'd ignore it, but back then??? Man, was it awesome!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:36 PM

5 posts, read 23,094 times
The Mocambo, McDougall's, Rhodes, Archway Bookstore, Bartell's off of 4th...

Old 06-01-2011, 10:03 PM

576 posts, read 1,060,385 times
Heard there was a 24 hr coffee shop in Capitol Hill some time ago.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:15 PM

343 posts, read 977,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Not really a place, but do you remember Roscoe the Raccoon? The puppet on channel 11, from the late 80's to the mid 90's?

I always liked that puppet for some reason. Godspeed, Roscoe, wherever you are.

Actually, Channel 11 was awesome for a preteen male back then. They had reruns of all the cool shows like Hunter, and late night movies with tons of explosions and stuff. I'm sure now I'd ignore it, but back then??? Man, was it awesome!
You're going to like this then.

YouTube - ‪DTV Test KSTW Seattle‬‏

Old 10-03-2011, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,237 times
Ok, I did not read every post here, so sorry if this has already been asked. I remember going to Peterson School of Business, downtown Seattle around 2nd & Stewart or so. Anyway, in that general area near the Bon, used to be a big building that housed in one place various vendors, restaurants, little stores, fruit vendors, rather like the public market. Anyone else remember that and if so, what was it called and do I have the right location?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or