Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:55 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec34 View Post
I can't believe anyone with a brain would think any major city doens't have criminal gangs. They are there in Seattle, but I don't think they are as rampant as in other major cities (LA, phoenix, dallas, NYC, etc). .....
Excellent point, mike. No city is gang-free, but Seattle has far fewer than most other coastal cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 01:40 AM

300 posts, read 1,211,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
Dive for cover everyone!! Here come the Taupes and the Mauves!!!
I've noticed some increased tagging going on around the Crossroads area again. Of course, they did (actually) use a nice shade of blue instead of your typical cheap black spray-paint.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:08 AM

700 posts, read 2,596,194 times
"When your a Taupe you're a Taupe all the way, from your first cigarette till your last dying day"

Snoop " Hey guys lets go write some jibberish on the walls at crossroads!"
T-Bone " But Snoop, thats Mauves turf, they'll get awful sore at us!"
Snoop " Heck with those greasers....we will have a dance off"

Mockingly....

And please don't bring up the seriousness of the gangs, for perspective I grew up in Queens, I know, I know its horrible Seattle......How can you leave your homes or answer the phone after dark.
Seattle, Gangs....Yes there are.
Des Moines Iowa....Yes there are.
Tokyo, Japan ....yes there are.....
What was I talking about.....?????

5 part deux

Last edited by 5chevin5; 12-20-2008 at 02:12 AM.. Reason: more mockery

Old 12-20-2008, 06:41 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Yeah, After watching the news the last few weeks...I've realized we have a bad problem with gangs. People being killed left and right.
US Auto Fatalities Decline Significantly in 2008

310 auto deaths per month in the USA. 50 states and 1 District of Columbia...6 deaths for each, per month. Woah, that's like close to the number that's making people here go wacko about gangs . We should totally be against cars and driving and stuff.

Statically speaking, your chance of getting shot in a mall or dieing in a car wreck seem to be similiar. NEVER DRIVE AGAIN (or go to the mall) ...mmm-K?

Old 12-20-2008, 04:44 PM

108 posts, read 395,412 times
I was looking on here b/c we had decided to take a trip to Seattle/Tacoma, now I'm a little nervous. We're from basically NO activity, central WY, but grew up in MO and lived near Little Rock for awhile, after it was named the most dangerous city in the country. Little Rock freaked me out, now I'm worried about just taking a trip to Washington!! Can anyone recommend areas that would be good for vacationers, especially with little ones??? Or maybe we need to pick another place....

mod cut:

Last edited by scirocco22; 12-20-2008 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: Please start a new thread in the WA forum for that question. Thanks!

Old 12-20-2008, 05:29 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Seattle is probably the only interesting place that won't be buried under several feet of snow by the time you get there, BABsmom. Take a guided tour, they'll keep you nice and safe.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:13 PM

263 posts, read 1,079,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BABsMom View Post
I was looking on here b/c we had decided to take a trip to Seattle/Tacoma, now I'm a little nervous. We're from basically NO activity, central WY, but grew up in MO and lived near Little Rock for awhile, after it was named the most dangerous city in the country. Little Rock freaked me out, now I'm worried about just taking a trip to Washington!! Can anyone recommend areas that would be good for vacationers, especially with little ones??? Or maybe we need to pick another place....

mod cut:

Seattle is safe...and the surrounding areas are probably safe (suburbs). This time of year especially with their bad weather recently, why go to Disney World/Land, Sea World, etc?

The locals don't know how good they got it. Here, look at some stats. In the middle of the page are the violent crime stats:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Seattle-Washington.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Little-Rock-Arkansas.html

per 100,000 people for 2007:
seattle ------- little rock
murders:
4.1---------------27.6

rapes:
15.4-------------66.6 (eww, even bad number)

Assaults:
347.1-------------970.2

so 2008 may bit a bit different, but come on, seattle is squeeky clean compared to most any southern city.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:01 PM

698 posts, read 1,509,590 times
If you think gangs are a problem in Seattle then you obviously haven't been out much. Seattle is a very safe city compared to the other major cities in the U.S and the world.

I personally think the OP should spend a week in Oakland and see if he stands by his current statement.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:25 PM

6 posts, read 23,579 times
EASTSIDE POSSEE IN EFFECT BOYEEEEEEEEE!!!!

8th street ballas 4 life dawg!

Seriously though....do you think a gang in Bellevue would have like Gucci and Coach bags for the guns?

Old 12-26-2008, 10:04 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,102,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btp2k2 View Post

do you think a gang in Bellevue would have like Gucci and Coach bags for the guns?
What fabulous images!! Uhhhhh YES YES that's just the way it is here! Rampant, I tell you! And the guns are wrapped carefully in Burberry scarves and placed gently in them Guccis and Coaches. Yeah that's the ticket!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area