U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 03:33 PM

184 posts, read 487,586 times

Advertisements

I have been thinking about this for quite some time now but only today did I remember to post the question.

This forum is periodically gifted with spetacluar pictures of Seattle and the surrounding area. Pwright is to thank for a great majority, and once in a while others will post stunning pictures as well.

Yet every one of those threads are soon enough buried in the pile of new threads. So the question is: Why is there no sticky at the top of the page with a collection of all the pictures???

Of course, the only sticky is one that deals with a negative issue. Unless we are Fox News who choose to only focus on one side of the issue we should also have a sticky with the nice pictures of Seattle that Pwright and others post.

Other forums here on city data do it...I've always been perplexed why Seattle, which arguably has the nicest scenery in the country still does not have its own picture sticky at the top of the page.

Anyways, there is my question and also a plea for change. Remember, 08 is the year for all sorts of change we can believe in Lets start here on the Seattle forum.

Mod note: We had a sticky. I took the sticky down because most who post photos regularly refuse to post in the sticky-thread and want to start their own thread. I'm assuming because they can accumulate more rep points that way. I think it's useless to have a sticky if some use it and some don't. The trouble with posting photos in your own thread is that eventually the thread will get buried in the forum if no new posts are added to the thread. But that's the way the majority of photo posters choose to have it *shrugs shoulders*

Your suggestion may be a good one but most moderators do not have the time to keep such a dynamic sticky up to date.

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-12-2008 at 11:28 PM..

Old 06-12-2008, 03:41 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,329,470 times
I'd pay money for someone to post a picture of those gangs in Bellevue.

..... just throwing it out there.....

Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,142,514 times
Heh heh, 70Ford!! -- as below --

There was a sticky at the top of the Seattle forum specifically for photos. But some folks who post pix kept giving new pics their own new threads anyway -- to give them a title and thus provide actual information about what the new photos are about. So eventually the sticky was "unstuck" by the stick/unstick angel and allowed to drift down.

I think many would heartily agree with you that our scenery is breathtaking. One thing our area is pretty well known for, is that we don't necessarily do things the way everyone else does, so City-Data follows suit? But many will read your post and let's see what they say.

P.S. The photo below was kindly provided by contributor 70FORD, taken surreptitiously from behind cover, of a typical marauding gang in the Seattle area, reportedly "pure unadulterated evil" according to onlookers. As yet, no one has been able to photograph the BELLEVUE gangs, neither the Taupes nor the Mauves, as they seem to move too swiftly for any camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Why are there no Pictures???-70ford-gangs.jpg  

Last edited by allforcats; 06-12-2008 at 03:59 PM..

Old 06-12-2008, 03:58 PM

184 posts, read 487,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
Heh heh, 70Ford!! -- as below --

There was a sticky at the top of the Seattle forum specifically for photos. But some folks who post pix kept giving new pics their own new threads anyway -- to give them a title and thus provide actual information about what the new photos are about. So eventually the sticky was "unstuck" by the stick/unstick angel and allowed to drift down.

I think many would heartily agree with you that our scenery is breathtaking. One thing our area is pretty well known for, is that we don't necessarily do things the way everyone else does, so City-Data follows suit? But many will read your post and let's see what they say.
At the very least a sticky with links to the respective picture threads would do this forum a great justice, as I can understand the photographers wanting seperate threads for each picture bundle.

LOL@ Bellevue gangs

Old 06-12-2008, 06:27 PM

9,595 posts, read 22,928,139 times

Good Luck. I tried snapping a picture of the Beiges meeting at Starbucks. Someone threw their Blackberry at my head and I barely made it out of there alive.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:05 PM

485 posts, read 1,728,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post

Good Luck. I tried snapping a picture of the Beiges meeting at Starbucks. Someone threw their Blackberry at my head and I barely made it out of there alive.
You guys are makin' me wee in my pants...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area