U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:46 PM

56 posts, read 177,348 times

Advertisements

I might want to take a bus to work (Bellevue to Bothell) but I haven't researched how to do it nor how far much longer it takes compared to a car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 03:18 PM

1,992 posts, read 5,851,934 times
Try using the Metro trip planner here:

Trip Planning (http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U - broken link)

I put in Bothell Park and Ride to Bellevue Transit Center, and it is a 20 minute trip (give or take a few minutes, and yes they do factor in traffic).

Old 06-17-2008, 04:46 PM

I put in my address in bellevue to my work in bothell and it took 2 hours. Id have to leave at 550am to get to work by 8am.

Can you give me info on where those locations are, thanks.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djpuma View Post
I put in my address in bellevue to my work in bothell and it took 2 hours. Id have to leave at 550am to get to work by 8am.

Can you give me info on where those locations are, thanks.
PM me with where you work and what general area you are in Bothell and I could probably give you a much better route.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:57 PM

293 posts, read 899,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeaTexan View Post
I don't see what's wrong with passing a slow driver either. But doing 70 is not slow, which is the speed given for the "slow guy" in the example on page 1.
I didn't explain myself, sorry. I commute very early in the morning and I drive thirty miles to work. The traffic on I-5 at that hour is very thin. The guy in the left lane going 70 is slow (for that time in the morning). When people are passing on the right there is no reason for the guy not to move into one of the other 5 lanes and let the faster cars have the fast lane. I flash the lights only after the drivers sees that there is a line of cars coming up on him.

When I pass the motorist on the right I look to see who the driver is. If driver is an Asian or African immigrant I will give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe they don't know American driving customs. But if it's one of these passive aggressive middle aged caucasians just being a jerk, then I will cut in front of them.

By the way I'm from Seattle, but lived half my life in California and I am accustomed to that driving style.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:00 PM

3,455 posts, read 6,082,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by la_fuerza View Post
I didn't explain myself, sorry. I commute very early in the morning and I drive thirty miles to work. The traffic on I-5 at that hour is very thin. The guy in the left lane going 70 is slow (for that time in the morning). When people are passing on the right there is no reason for the guy not to move into one of the other 5 lanes and let the faster cars have the fast lane. I flash the lights only after the drivers sees that there is a line of cars coming up on him.

When I pass the motorist on the right I look to see who the driver is. If driver is an Asian or African immigrant I will give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe they don't know American driving customs. But if it's one of these passive aggressive middle aged caucasians just being a jerk, then I will cut in front of them.

By the way I'm from Seattle, but lived half my life in California and I am accustomed to that driving style.
Slower traffic should keep to the right...however there is no such thing as a "fast lane", it is a passing lane.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:02 PM

4,803 posts, read 9,924,349 times
I have heard on the German autobahn they actually give tickets for driving slow in the fast lanes and not moving over for faster approaching cars. I actually agree with that. People should not dawdle in the left lanes.
la_fuerza, I apologize for the machine gun response. I misunderstood your point.
Another problem is a big truck moving into a left lane to pass another truck but only goes about 1 mile an hour faster, taking forever to pass the other truck and backing up traffic with a line of cars. That's especially a problem on I-5 where there is only one passing lane, outside the Seattle area.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:10 PM

IS that all access pass for $18 all I would need, that seems pretty cheap for mass transit on a monthly basis.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:32 PM

It's going to be more like 75-100 per month, depending on how many "zones" your trip takes you through. I believe Bellevue to Bothell would be a two zone trip, which means your pass would be around 90 bucks or so.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:01 PM

Damn for that price I might as well drive myself. It will probably cost me 200 for gas, well actually it will or more and I would get there faster and be able to arrive faster.

My other post was about traffic to bothell from bellevue and back and it seems like traffic won't be that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or