Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2008, 05:41 PM

4 posts, read 7,502 times

Advertisements

Hey there everybody,
I am trying to get my ducks in a row for a hopeful move to seattle area around march or april from phoenix, az (i'm native to az). I already have a job lined up in Bellevue, but i am looking for some suggestions about the area and what the community is like for a renter. I have alreay done alot of research about the cost of living since i know this is going to be the difference apart from the weather and im not too worried. Renton Highlands/Newcastle sounds like the place(s) i should be looking at because of its centralized location to work and fun. I'm open to suggestions becasue i am still in the looking stage. looking for 2+ rooms appartment or house, dosnt matter. where should i start?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 06:21 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,328,182 times
I like Renton Highlands and Newcastle, but it's not an especially fun area unless your idea of fun is hiking( there are great trails in and around Newcastle.)...Also, centralized location? Well, if you want to be in between Renton and Bellevue, yes, but...is it?

Old 06-21-2008, 07:08 PM

when i say centrally located, i mean to seattle, bellevue and the airport... not so much?

Old 06-21-2008, 08:50 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,328,182 times
Renton is very centrally located to all three but Newcastle a little less so, closer to Bellevue but farther from the airport and Seattle.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:20 PM

161 posts, read 559,895 times
Fun isn't the word that comes to mind when I hear Bellevue,Sammamish,Issaquah or the likes. I hear suburbs,family and soccer moms. I guess it depends on what fun is to you. Like biking,hiking,camping and kickin' it with the local SCA you're near the right area. If you're younger and you like to live the nightlife,there's no place over there. Many commute,but friendships have been forged and lost in regards to my friends on the "eastside"
There's something about that bridge that keeps people from visiting as often as they could,but certainly not impossible. Good luck in your search.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:39 PM

thanks, i know its a little far from the city but its really not that far... stupid bridge :P
well i wont know anyone to start off with so i really dont need to worry about that yet. i am saying fun because its 20-30 min to work and downtown and its cheap(er)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area