Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:47 PM

6 posts, read 20,092 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a good spot in the seattle area to have a fourth of july BBQ with a group of friends and also watch the fireworks. I've heard gasworks is great, but nearly impossible to get space. I don't mind getting somewhere in the AM, as long as I'll have room to spend the day eating, drinking, playing frisbee, etc... Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 11:07 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,664,864 times
4th of July here is IMO sucks

I'm used to the BBQs too

What you need is a boat to really enjoy the fireworks here -

Old 06-24-2008, 09:09 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,035,320 times
Alki Beach in West Seattle is always a good spot to watch the fireworks, however you will have to get there early in the day.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:16 PM

231 posts, read 585,746 times
Gasworks is your best bet but just plan on bringing a picnic lunch and plan on getting there EARLY!!! By noon it will be packed..

I agree with Citygirl as well--if you know anyone with a boat that is the best way to enjoy the fireworks and you always have a great view!!

Old 06-24-2008, 12:32 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,664,864 times
OH BTW I always wanted to go to gasworks park but I never did because having to entertain my kids for 10 hours til the fireworks start just sounds like hell, and the baby needs naps and a bedtime. Too much trouble - and that is another reason we've never seen good fireworks displays in Seattle

I tried buying Argosy tickets - but they were all sold out by May

Old 06-24-2008, 12:50 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,082,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
OH BTW I always wanted to go to gasworks park but I never did because having to entertain my kids for 10 hours til the fireworks start just sounds like hell, and the baby needs naps and a bedtime. Too much trouble - and that is another reason we've never seen good fireworks displays in Seattle

I tried buying Argosy tickets - but they were all sold out by May
That's exactly why I have never gone. I might try it now, but not when I had 5 kids all age 6 and under. Can you imagine?

Old 06-24-2008, 05:34 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,582,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANative View Post
Gasworks is your best bet but just plan on bringing a picnic lunch and plan on getting there EARLY!!! By noon it will be packed..

I agree with Citygirl as well--if you know anyone with a boat that is the best way to enjoy the fireworks and you always have a great view!!
Or if you know anyone that lives along east lake union ,west lake union, or the top of Queen Anne. Also, the fireworks show in the downtown Bellevue park is actually pretty decent, it has grown to be quite a large event.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:30 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,035,320 times
One of the things that I forgot to mention about watching the fireworks from Alki Beach is that not only can you see the fireworks on Elliott Bay, you can see the Lake Union fireworks peeking up over Queen Anne Hill, and often some fireworks from the other side of the Sound.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:07 PM

27 posts, read 190,117 times
Regarding the fireworks at Bellevue Park, is it overly crowded as well? Would parking be a problem? Just wondering if it's worth all the effort going with a 5 year old.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:14 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,582,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blesstd View Post
Regarding the fireworks at Bellevue Park, is it overly crowded as well? Would parking be a problem? Just wondering if it's worth all the effort going with a 5 year old.
It depends on your definition of "overly crowded". You don't have to get there super early, but the space does fill up with people, meaning several thousand people in a downtown park. There are activities for children, such as face painting, inflated slides/bounce room and puppet shows, to name a few. I brought my 2 year old last year and he loved it. Parking is free at Bellevue Square and Lincoln Square, and there are plenty of spaces. It does take awhile to get out after the event is over, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area