Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:15 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,044,365 times

Advertisements

With this humid air moving in I feel like I'm in Florida...ok not quite that bad...but bad enough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 10:32 PM

111 posts, read 411,889 times
Feeling hot hot hot ... I'm sweating all over, i mean places I don't want to sweat from too, it's bad, 70+ degrees even for 2 weeks means A/C is needed. This is retarted, how could an entire city be planned without A/C's -- I'm sitting almost nekkid, and it still doesn't help.

I so want it to rain rain rain all day long all year long, dark and gloomy ... mwhahahaa. no im not kidding, dark and gloomy is so pretty.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:06 AM

355 posts, read 989,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksweetie View Post
samsmom,

yes, you are right, I'm from OK, however, I haven't lived there since 1990. And we believe in central A/C there. I would not have a problem with this heat so much, if we had central air. And I know that they say it isn't feasible for only a week or so a year, but I disagree. Well worth it in my opinion

It is finally starting to cool down a bit here, getting overcast but still very warm. From the radar it shows showers moving north, but I'm not sure any real moisture will come from it. The way the weather feel now definitely reminds me of T-storms in OK in the summer. Only there, you really get the T-storms, lol
Yea, my husband wanted to buy a window unit today but I talked him out of it.....now I feel guilty.....he's miserably hot. He's never lived in a house without AC. But, we have every ceiling fan on full force. And thank goodness our bedroom is the coolest room in the house....so he can get some sleep.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:41 AM

854 posts, read 4,135,871 times
We got a portable AC unit yesterday. Can't do window units because our windows open sideways instead of up and down. It actually did a decent job with the upstairs living/dining room, but it just brought it back down a level, from "hell" to "uncomfortably warm". Before we put our toddler to bed we put it in his room, and it worked well to cool his room overnight.

Unfortunately the power failed around midnight and didn't come back on until almost 4 am. The fans had kept us comfortable enough.... until they fell silent. Our neighborhood was black, but the houses that back to ours was not, so we got to hear THEIR fans. Then a house a few down from ours cranked up their generator. So, we got to stifle in our house, no fans, no breeze, but we still couldn't shut the windows, would have been worse, and hear the generator cranking and the fans in the houses backing up to our backyard.

Yes, I know we're not dodging bullets in Iraq, but with no power on a day that topped 100 degrees, it sucks. We knew we'd have to replace the furnace within a year when we bought the house. SOOOOO glad I talked my husband into waiting until we'd seen a summer here before replacing it. When we do, we are adding AC, no question. It's just going to get warmer from here. (Guess that won't help us when the power goes out... I hope, I hope, I hope that's rare!).

Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,294,008 times
humidity? what humidity? ever been to Boston? Minneapolis? Florida?

Not even close!

Old 06-30-2008, 09:49 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,761,477 times
This thread is entertaining. I don't even think our A/C cycles on if its only 85 degrees out.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:10 AM

854 posts, read 4,135,871 times
It hit 103 in Redmond Town Center yesterday. Our house was up to 88 degrees and probably warmer as the day went on. It was not humid on Saturday, but on Sunday it was. The difference? Saturday Rainier stood out in stark relief. Sunday, no Rainier. Like it never existed. Wow. :-)

Old 06-30-2008, 10:23 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,588,767 times
Jenlion, our power went out at the same time....it was miserable. I couldn't fall asleep. Thank goodness its only going to be mid 80s today, even though that is still pushing it.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:48 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,044,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
humidity? what humidity? ever been to Boston? Minneapolis? Florida?

Not even close!
We had some fairly humid air move in last night, that combined with the heat made for a uncomfortable night.

I've been to all those places and lived in the southeast...I do know what it is like...

Old 06-30-2008, 10:49 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,043,425 times
The power goes out a lot - either from heat, wind, snow or just a harsh storm. It always seemed to happen RIGHT after we went to the grocery store and stocked our fridge!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area