Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 01:07 AM

13 posts, read 31,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
We definately have 4 seasons. I've been taking pictures in Seattle during all four seasons for a few years now.
If you wouldn't mind posting a few for all to see that would be lovely!

Hasn't the weather been amazing all week long? Seattle summers can't compare and are worth some rain I think!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 01:33 AM

576 posts, read 1,818,471 times
In my opinion, we only have two seasons: summer and not summer. Maybe three; spring has enough of a temperature difference and is generally has more sun than fall/winter to be distinct. However, fall and winter definitely blend together.

There is a huge variation on how long the days are, how much sun we get, and how much rain we get throughout the year though, so it may seem like four seasons to some.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:52 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,853,040 times
Having lived on the east coast, in the midwest, in Southern and Northern CA, and now WA, I can say while Seattle doesn't have the 4 seasons you might see in the midwest or the east coast, it has more of 4 seasons then say most of CA.

I found the fall colors to be pretty, though short lived. I enjoyed our day of being snowed in at the Issaquah Highlands, and I like that summer is short, and not very hot.

I do feel like most of the weather all sort of blends together, except when summer really starts, and you definitely know it then. Fall, winter and spring sort of just mesh together, and it's hard to tell where they begin and end.

I'm not sure where the OP is moving from, so to tell her that Seattle has 4 seasons, and she comes from upstate NY or MN or something, she's going to be disappointed.

It's all relative.

V. =)

Old 07-15-2008, 08:13 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
I find it pretty amusing that a lot of us live in the same area, but when asked about the weather, our responses are so different. If the question is " Do we have four seasons in Seattle?", I'm reading responses ranging from " No, there's only one season, and that's horrible nasty cold gloomy suicide weather" to " No, there's only one season but it's gentle and pleasant", to " Yes, there's four seasons and they're all great except for this little drizzly blip in the winter."

Old 07-15-2008, 09:35 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Every place has a fall, winter, spring, and summer. BUT, if you mean four seasons in the sense of a crisp Autumn with fall colors, a white, snowy winter, a rainy spring with flowers, and warm/hot sunny summer, then no we don't have "four seasons" I lived in New England for a while and there we had four seasons.

in NE we did not have 4 seasons....it was 3 at best......fall colors.....blizzardry winters and then onto hot sticky summers.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:40 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,371,813 times
We have four seasons:

Rainy
Windy and rainy
Sunny with a chance of rain
Rainy and windy

Old 07-15-2008, 11:17 AM

24 posts, read 70,823 times
From what I recall about living in Hawaii we only had one season. So no, not everywhere has 4 distinct seasons.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:54 PM

658 posts, read 830,969 times
Seattle does too have summer... all four weeks of it!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:22 PM

73 posts, read 248,595 times
Seattle definitely has four seasons, but it takes living here a while to notice the subtleties that define them. If you are moving here from the New England, the Midwest or the Western states it sure won't feel like it has four seasons at first.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:55 PM

576 posts, read 1,818,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
Seattle does too have summer... all four weeks of it!
No... There was the summer of 2006 where we got about 4 months of summer, and the non-existant summer of 2007 (yay, paradox!) where we got 0 months of summer. It varies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area