Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 03:46 PM

689 posts, read 972,800 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Chicago and my parents were very close to an Italian couple who had intimate ties with the mafioso through family and the neighborhood they grew up in. The husband and my father were (legitimate) work colleagues for over 30 years and remained close all of their lives. We learned that, in everyday life, most people will be vastly unaware of the presence of crime families. For obvious reasons, they operate deep beneath the surface and remain successful because they have learned to do this flawlessly - until someone makes a costly mistake...

Most organized crime syndicates profit from hugely layered drug rings, prostitution, black market import/export businesses, gambling, cyber operations, as well as legitimate business ownership. It's true that they have lots of street 'soldiers' who do their small jobs but, for the most part, you should not really feel their presence. This is not to say they aren't extremely dangerous, just not to the average citizen minding his/her own business.

I lived in Seattle and Bellevue/Redmond for over 35 years and we were always aware that there was some Russian gang activity on the East Side. They were part of a large wave of Ukrainian and Russian (family-sponsored) immigration that started in the 80's. Many people seemed to believe they were more dangerous than the Mexican and Asian groups in the area. As someone mentioned earlier, the Crossroad Station Police office was established because there was some street violence between various groups in those days, but it's largely died down now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area