Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:01 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
...I'm not sure it's lying. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is not exactly the same dog as an American Pit Bull, just similar, and this dog ts a mixed breed, so without seeing how the regulations restricting breeds reads, it's hard yo say...If the breed restrictions don't allow pit bulls, does that apply to any dog that has any amount of pit bull at all, or only pure pit bulls?
Breed restrictions generally include mixed breeds, if one or more of the breeds in the mix is on the restricted list.

In the case of the OP, the "Pit" issue is not the only one s/he's dealing with, as Shar-Peis are commonly found on breed restriction lists, as well. The most common breeds I've seen on such lists (and on my homeowner's insurance restriction list) are Pit Bulls (including many similar breeds such as Staffordshire Terriers), German Shepherds, Chow Chows, Shar-Peis, Dobermans, and Rottweilers. So, in the OP's case, BOTH breeds in her dog's mix are commonly restricted breeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 AM

41 posts, read 162,962 times
Does anyone know if English or French Bulldogs are ever considered a restricted breed in and around Seattle?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:51 AM

478 posts, read 2,303,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKitten View Post
Does anyone know if English or French Bulldogs are ever considered a restricted breed in and around Seattle?
Seattle, to my knowledge, has no LEGAL restriction on bulldogs. However, what really does people in with these situations, as mentioned earlier, is that insurance companies are the ones restricting policies based on breeds.

Because these companies tend to be privately owned, they do not always have to share their lists with the public. So there really is no way to know for sure until it is too late, though there have been helpful links posted earlier that give you an idea of what breeds tend to be frowned upon.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:31 AM

41 posts, read 162,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlitefromNC View Post
Seattle, to my knowledge, has no LEGAL restriction on bulldogs. However, what really does people in with these situations, as mentioned earlier, is that insurance companies are the ones restricting policies based on breeds.

Because these companies tend to be privately owned, they do not always have to share their lists with the public. So there really is no way to know for sure until it is too late, though there have been helpful links posted earlier that give you an idea of what breeds tend to be frowned upon.
Hmm, I checked the link about breed restrictions in California. It simply said "Bull breeds" without being specific. I am actually only interested in whether there are ever restrictions on French Bulldogs. Most apartments I've looked at say "small breeds - under 25 pounds." Frenchies are from 20-29 lbs. with the females being a bit smaller, so I'm hoping that will be okay. (I'm planning on getting a female.)

Old 08-16-2008, 10:40 PM

75 posts, read 378,773 times
The Bully breeds are usually the Pits, AmStaffs, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Bull Terriers(Dog in Target ads), American Bull Dog. The English and French Bull dogs are smaller and don't have the reputation the other breeds have.
They need to do something about the stupid owners instead of punishing the responsible folks with breed restrictions/BSL's.
A well trained, well socialized dog no matter the breed is a joy. Some of the best dogs are Dobies, Rotties, AmStaffs and Pits that have had obedience classes and are socialized.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:29 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,332,226 times
They need to do something about the stupid owners instead of punishing the responsible folks with breed restrictions/BSL's.

Owners are harder to train.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 11,445 times
linden square apartments.
13530 linden avenue north
seattle, wa 98133

866-321-7181

Old 01-10-2009, 12:14 PM

3 posts, read 16,525 times
We have both an American Pitbull and Yorkie..we moved from Tx to Fl and it really took some searching to find a rental home..our Pitbull had been through Obed. classes and I just faxed over his "certificate", showing he passed..and told the owners they can meet him and see for themselfs that he is a good boy..all the owners want to do is make sure the dog will not cause a problem..destructive to the home or people..Plus we dressed him up to make him look silly so the owners saw him as a goofball and not a "pitbull."

Old 01-13-2009, 03:47 PM

7 posts, read 24,243 times
PAWS is an animal shelter located in Lynnwood - they have a list of pet-friendly apartments listed:
Pet Friendly Housing (http://www.paws.org/cas/apt/viewAll.php - broken link)

Also Keeler Corner Apartments in Lynnwood has signs up indicating that they are "pet friendly". I don't know exactly what their definition is or whether or not there are restrictions. Here's their website: Keeler's Corner

You also may want to take a look at condos - many are for rent and some complexes do allow large dogs without breed restrictions since the units are individually owned.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 10,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caughron22 View Post
We have both an American Pitbull and Yorkie..we moved from Tx to Fl and it really took some searching to find a rental home..our Pitbull had been through Obed. classes and I just faxed over his "certificate", showing he passed..and told the owners they can meet him and see for themselfs that he is a good boy..all the owners want to do is make sure the dog will not cause a problem..destructive to the home or people..Plus we dressed him up to make him look silly so the owners saw him as a goofball and not a "pitbull."
We have a pit and a yorkie too! My boyfriend is from Texas and has always had pits and wouldnt want a different breed. Lincoln (pitt) is the sweetest,well behaved dog ever. Our dogs are the bestest of friends, which most people cant believe. Its so frustrating to hear non stop negativity about pit bulls, not to mention it's almost impossible to find a place to live. We've only found one apt. in Vancouver, Wa that has no restrictions but requires management to meet all pets, which I believe thats how it should be handled. Is there a website or does anyone know of ANY house/apt rentals in Oregon that dont have "breed restrictions"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area