Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 12:41 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopoops View Post
i dont understand what a world class city is.. what is it? world.. class . ?
Don't know, don't care. Just a buzzword being tossed around to make people feel better about where they live ... or bash places they don't like.

All that matters is that you love where you live. Nothing else matters, not even the snazziest label you can slap on a place.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:59 PM

88 posts, read 234,576 times
Interesting that Minneapolis makes that list. I'd say Minneapolis and Seattle are comparable, although hands down Seattle has better scenery.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:52 PM

56 posts, read 268,962 times
Seattle is a nice city with great scenery. Most of the people who live in the area enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnab gib View Post
Don't know, don't care. Just a buzzword being tossed around to make people feel better about where they live ... or bash places they don't like.

All that matters is that you love where you live. Nothing else matters, not even the snazziest label you can slap on a place.
I really agree with gnab gib here, it's a simple label. To some people, that label means more than it does to others. One place isn't ever ideal for everyone, that's just the way it is. There's no sense bickering about this for as long as this thread has become. Now, who wants icecream?

Old 11-13-2009, 03:33 PM

247 posts, read 538,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
Seattle is a nice, clean midsized city with an impressive skyline in a beautiful setting. Beyond that, it's possibly the blandest and most white bread town in the country. Billionaires, high home values and a few Asian people do not a world-class city make. Sorry. A definite plus is the proximity to Vancouver, which is almost a world-class city.
The only thing "nice" thing about seattle is the beauty of the surrounding mountains, water and accessibility to truly nice places like Olympic national park,rainer,mountains, streams, lakes,biking,hiking, etc.

If you like a place of neo yuppies, quasi libs, hypocritical corporate and government feeding anti establishment wannabees,spoiled snobbucks babies,closi racist,half a** infrastructure,traffic fiasco bad driver then it truly is "world class". Dont get me wrong, it's not perfect, no city is or will ever be.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:42 PM

343 posts, read 1,085,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No attitude View Post
The only thing "nice" thing about seattle is the beauty of the surrounding mountains, water and accessibility to truly nice places like Olympic national park,rainer,mountains, streams, lakes,biking,hiking, etc.

If you like a place of neo yuppies, quasi libs, hypocritical corporate and government feeding anti establishment wannabees,spoiled snobbucks babies,closi racist,half a** infrastructure,traffic fiasco bad driver then it truly is "world class". Dont get me wrong, it's not perfect, no city is or will ever be.
You know, I'm not even going to get into every single thing that's wrong with that statement.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:20 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,359,565 times
Quote:

And as the last paragraph shows, Seattle isn't for everyone. Class exists in the eye of the beholder.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:47 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,136 times
Does Seattle need the approval of anyone relating to World Class?

Frankly I hope it's not. Perhaps that will keep just a few more transplants away. Not like we need more people here.

Just sayin...

Old 11-14-2009, 04:41 PM

226 posts, read 979,636 times
I'm in Chicago. I don't know why this is a world class city, it's segregated. NYC is the only one. Why not Seattle you ask, because it's small and it's only in the top 15 or 16 largest U.S. cities, next only to Baltimore, correct me if I'm wrong. It has to be bigger than just half a million people to be considered "world class", but I think from pictures, Seattle is looking a lot better and cleaner than Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needless Kane View Post
Hi it's me agin Needless Kane and today We are going to talk about Seattle. Seattle is a big and beautiful city no doubt but it seem the rest of the world dosen't think so. I don't understand I know they previously owned boeing but they own other major companies to like Washington Mutual, Starbucks, Costco, and many more. Really though I think Seattle goes unreconized even the GaWc ignores it.

So why can't Seattle be a world class city share your thoughts

I know you guys are tired of my whining but I just want to know how you feel about these issues.

Seattle:

Old 11-14-2009, 07:34 PM

132 posts, read 340,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Frankly I hope it's not. Perhaps that will keep just a few more transplants away. Not like we need more people here.

Just sayin...
For a city to be world-class, its residents must have a big embracing heart.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:38 PM

132 posts, read 340,996 times
Quote:

Lol I don't necessarily disagree with you. There are quite a large number of those people here - the only city that's worse is probably San Fran.

But Seattle region is very diverse and snobs are still in monority, a lot more people are friendly and laid-back. Stay away from snobs if you can't stand them - you can still enjoy the beauty and wonderful life here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area