Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 06:50 PM

178 posts, read 584,433 times

Advertisements

Weather is a very personal thing and one person's heaven (say Palm Springs) is another person's hell. Perhaps this is why hell is always depicted as a HOT place.

I like cool weather and so prefer the weather in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Vancouver BC to hotter places. The east coast cities have more...rigorous...weather but I still think I'd take Montreal, New York, Boston, Toronto or Chicago over Texas or So. Cal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 09:35 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,234,836 times
I absolutely love Seattle weather, especially summer through fall.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:37 PM

40 posts, read 43,521 times
Whoever likes Seattle weather is crazy with all that rain.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:56 AM

10 posts, read 62,526 times
Default milder times, I'm-a-seekin'

I grew up and spent much of my life in Wisconsin, where the weather varies but can be at the extreme ends much of the year.

I'm currently languishing in the south (south carolina) and hate it for numerous reasons, but none more than the weather. H-U-M-I-D-I-T-Y @ 85%+ seemingly EVERYDAY.

I love the rain and gray sky's of Seattle, with the really nice, mall-like weather in the summers. It's consistent temps that I can count on, that I like.

HERE'S TO MOVING TO SEATTLE in '09!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:51 AM
LMB

405 posts, read 1,892,427 times
This native midwesterner and FL transplant loves Seattle's weather! Mild winters & cool summers. Very few bugs, clean air and low humidity in the summer. What's not to love? Cloudy skies & drizzle in the winter? Time to cozy up in front of the fireplace! No weather complaints here.

Lynn

Old 09-30-2008, 03:04 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,098,015 times
This transplant from midtown Manhattan and from Tokyo, with what was for me killing humidity, heat, cockroaches and mosquitoes, absolutely loves the gentle coolness of the Seattle area. I wish we had more snow and cold in winter, but I'm glad to trade that for all the other truly liveable weather here and all the greenery. I love the way LMB put it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post

Mild winters
cool summers
Very few bugs
clean air
low humidity in the summer
Cloudy skies & drizzle in the winter - cozy up in front of the fireplace

No weather complaints here.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:20 PM

576 posts, read 1,817,966 times
I know there are people that do, but I'm not one of them. It seems like neither side can understand why the other side has their opinion on the weather here.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:54 PM

573 posts, read 1,451,434 times
IMO it is either awsome or ugly. When the sun is shinning, you can not beat it. I hate the gray days which is in the majority. See the stats---lack of sun. Hate the lack of sun. People say it rains alot here---Oregon gets more rain and they also get more sun.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:58 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,423,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
I've been here six weeks and the weather has been nothing but beautiful. Even on those few dreary days, the temperature is still fine and as far as I can tell, it tends to clear up throughout the day just as much as rain.
Oh give it a few winters living in Seattle, and if you don't wear out your umbrella, post again... On a serious note, I lived there over 20 years and loved it and the ppl, I'm still in the state, but on the east side of the mtns now

Old 10-01-2008, 09:08 AM

576 posts, read 1,817,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnodak View Post
People say it rains alot here---Oregon gets more rain and they also get more sun.
In terms of duration, it rains a lot here. We have the second most days out of any city in the country with measurable precipitation (second to Olympia). The problem is, it can rain all day and amount to only 0.02". In terms of quantity, places like New York and Miami get more.

It's really the gray that sucks, and we have the most cloudy days of any major city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area