Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2007, 07:38 PM

12 posts, read 59,714 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am thinking of relocating to Seattle or nearby towns with my autistic eight year old. I would like some information in regards to schools and services for kids with autism in Seattle public schools or nearby towns such as Bellevue, Kirkland, Shoreline etc. Please assist me with any information you can provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 10:33 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,018,343 times
We already answered your question here -

http://www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...tic-child.html

As for services, the school district provides the therapy and classroom settings, depending on your child's needs. The law states that, given your child has an IEP from whatever school district he's in now, they have to provide at least what he is getting now.

Having a child with special needs, I would say that (generally speaking) the Western WA area is "ok" when assisting children with special needs. We are receiving a lot better care, education, therapy and services in another state - than we were in WA.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:50 AM

12 posts, read 59,714 times
Please let me know about the state you're reffering too. The one you are receiving more services than WA. May be I could put it in consideration.

Thank you

Old 02-15-2007, 12:50 PM

We now live in Austin, Texas.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:38 AM

2 posts, read 16,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
We now live in Austin, Texas.
We are thinking of moving to Austin with our 6 yr old with high functioning ASD. What school districts (private or public) would you recommend considering? How about community services/adult transition in the austin area?

Old 02-19-2007, 12:09 PM

We are new here (moved from the Seattle area).

We are in the Round Rock school district, which is one of the best in the entire state of Texas. I have been really pleased with the amount of services that are available to us - of course, my child's special needs do not include autism - but will be lifelong and are fairly global.

I have been thrilled with the level of services and attention to his specific needs from the Round Rock school district, specifically, Forest Creek Elementary. It far exceeds what we got via the school district in WA.

He's only 4 right now, so I don't have a clear picture of adult transition.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,850 times
I am also seeking services near Bellevue, or Redmond. I am wondering which are great schools , We are plannning to move this summer. I can't figure out how to work this site. Please respond if you have any info. thank You Estout27@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area