Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 11:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,087 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I have been searching through the threads and haven't yet found an answer to our questions.....My wife and I will be moving from Los Angeles in a couple of months. I am from Scotland and she is from New York and we miss the down-to-earth vibe of our hometowns so we want to get out of LA. We will be in Seattle next month and want to try to check out some apartment complexes. We have no kids, like pubs/bars/clubs, but don't want to feel like the oldies in the bar because we are in our 30s. I will be working in Redmond, but I'm not too worried about commute times since I'm used to it taking 30 mins to travel 2 miles to get to work in Los Angeles. One more complicating factor, my wife has daily physical therapy she needs to do, so we would want an apartment complex with a fitness center and pool, or an apartment that is within walking distance (a couple of blocks) from a gym. That said, where do you suggest we look? What neighborhoods, complexes do you recommend we check out? Also, what is a reasonable rent out there? We currently pay $2500 a month for a 2 bed + den out here, but would definitely like to lower that. Couldn't go smaller than a 1 bed + den though. And the place needs to be okay with cats. Thanks for all your help....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 02:38 PM

327 posts, read 960,994 times
If a 30 minute commute isn't a problem, I'd recommend living in south lake union or Downtown/Belltown areas. Both locations have large apartment complexes that offer the amenities and central location to pubs/shopping/markets. Living in the urban core is a good way to enjoy the best Seattle has to offer, which is why I usually recommend it to new transplants with no kids. Most apt. complexes have gyms, but there's plenty of pro gyms within walking distance (Zum, 24 hour fitness, All star fitness, WAC, Golds Gym). Since you're commuting to Redmond, being in central Seattle gives you the convenience to choose 520 or 90 to commute to work.

You might also look at downtown Bellevue, but it's much more "L.A." than downtown Seattle, so you might not like the yuppy, dry, attitudes there. Bellevue is very nice, trendy and clean. It definitely shortens your commute time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: