U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 11,555 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I need to find a bigger apartment but the problem is he has a felony from when he was 16 does anyone know of any place in the Seattle Washington area that will rent to felons if so we could really use your help

Thanks

Old 07-27-2009, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 10,612 times
Have you found help yet? I would like to know as I am dealing with the same situation.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 10,519 times
as are we.. my bf and i have a baby together, and cannot find anywhere to go because he has felonies... its reduiculous. there are literally NO options

Old 08-06-2009, 10:06 PM

298 posts, read 556,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidebeauty4 View Post
its reduiculous.

What do you mean ridiculous!!?!?!!?!! Who wants a person convicted of multiple felonies to live next door?! You could understand why it would be so hard dont you?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:55 PM

25 posts, read 90,550 times
Wrong forum to ask? We're all scared?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:34 PM

151 posts, read 368,470 times
Sorry OP, but you're in America. Make one youthful mistake, be too poor or black to beat the courts, and you're forever haunted by it.

My advice would be to change your name, move to a small French town, buy the local tile factory and live a quiet, moral life with your adopted daughter. I wish there was some other advice I could give you.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:36 AM

56 posts, read 156,265 times
I'm sorry, but some of these responses seem a little off. The OP posted here for help.

While I don't know how long ago or how severe your felonies were and I can not recommend anywhere specific to check out, have you've tried at least explaining your situation to the apartment management?

Old 08-27-2009, 04:30 PM

948 posts, read 852,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnaB26 View Post
My fiance and I need to find a bigger apartment but the problem is he has a felony from when he was 16 does anyone know of any place in the Seattle Washington area that will rent to felons if so we could really use your help

Thanks
if he was tried as a juvenile those records are supposed to be sealed and should not show up. if he was tried as an adult then you best option is a private landlord who may be more sympathetic as I believe most if not all complexes run background checks.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:21 PM

298 posts, read 556,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyrides View Post
I'm sorry, but some of these responses seem a little off. The OP posted here for help.
Excuse me, but a little off?!?!?!?!? Her boyfriend has had multiple felonies!!!!! Do you know what a felony is? Not a misdemeanor, but a felony, and more than two!!! Felonies include rape, rape of a child, murder, some drug offenses, etc. Don't you think its the landloard's responsibility to ensure the saftey of the other renters?

So we should offer some helpful advice to the poster? Okay here it goes:
Tell your hooligan boyfriend that he should have wised up after the first felony and started a lifstyle that promotes being a productive member of society. There is no reason for someone who wants to live a peaceful life in a safe apartment should have to be subject to a felon that could either be violent, on drugs etc.

THIS ISNT COMPLICATED! Excuse me, but I just dont see how someone couldnt see that.

PS. I do understand the flip side of this. The fact that these people need a place to live too just like anyone else, and that everyone deserves a second chance. However, I just think that the people who want to live their lives without the burden of "these kinds of people" and you know what I mean, should be able to do so without feeling guilty for it.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:24 PM

56 posts, read 156,265 times
First of all, don't be so quick to judge. Felonies aren't always as extreme as sex offence or bodily injury. I have a friend who has a felony for theft because he used the neighbor's lawn furniture at a house party he went to. Sure it was stupid, but it's certainly not rape. This is something I believe a landlord might sympathize with. Obviously they made a mistake and they know it, now they just need help finding a place to live. Who hasn't made mistakes before in their life? He was 16 then, was he not?

Now of course, nobody wants a sex offender or somebody tried for a severe crime living next to them. It's clear why the penalties are so strict for felonies, they need to be. For anyone who has had a history of crime, I certainly hope they understand why it is so hard for them to find work, a place to live, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area