Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 02:27 PM

359 posts, read 1,309,387 times

Advertisements

Amen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiny View Post
we agree...in this life you have to be comfortable in your own skin, some have been given brown, some black, white, yellow etc. Life is not easy for anyone...most will categorize you. What i have learned is everyone responds the same way to truth and how you treat them regardless of color, status, etc. People never forget how they are treated. We are all trying to figure it out as we go along...helping one another along the way.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:34 PM

359 posts, read 1,309,387 times
Default Really......lol

Why would anyone complain about "fake gangsters"...hell you want the real ones in your neighborhood?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajasmi View Post
i was wondering which would be worse "fake" gangsters or "real" gangsters.
Just something to think about.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:38 AM

24 posts, read 83,696 times
Weird, I've lived in Seattle nearly all my life and have never seen anyone hassled for having a southern accent, unless they're some obnoxious redneck. I've always found people from the south to be very friendly.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:31 PM

12 posts, read 61,020 times
Default Black Couples In the Seattle/Tacoma Area?

I heard that Seattle/Tacoma is a diverse, pretty open and beautiful place to

live, also great for interracial couples. That is great nothing wrong with

that! But I would like to know what percentage of couples are black? Say

4,5% maybe?

Old 08-29-2008, 01:17 AM

4 posts, read 13,368 times
Default checking out tha wood

whazzup chevydakidd:

calling in from cali. thinking about relocating, maybe to lynnwood. trying to get outta the ghetto (LA/Long Beach). how is lynnwood for my 18-year-old black man? any serious gang bizness? how's jobs, etc.? any good BLACK reggae (we're from the Carib too). we're looking a small town vibe not too far removed from urban, ya know? your post was very informative. the picture you are painting looks interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevydaKidd425 View Post
church,PREACH!
I'm a black (Caribbean x Latino to be exact) Seattlite/Everettonian.
There are indeed alot of african americans here (and SUPER HELLA more africans i.e. ethiopians,eritrians,etc.).
I was born in Brooklyn, moved to Opa-Locka-Miami, but was raised almost my entire life in the North-End of Seattle.Everett is a wierd city.certainly not the suburbs tho.EVT is pretty industrial while Lynnwood area is more commercial. and Seattle is obviously more urban-city like. black people are spread all over the king-snohomish-Pierce county area.thats why we are considered to have no ghettos(even tho i know plenty of areas that have the all the symptoms of a ghetto).yes Seattle may not have as many black people as the south or east, but cmon now, lets not forget that almost EVERY Seattle neighborhood had restrictions and did not allow colored people of any race live there back in the day(and i mean WAYYY back like an 8-track). of coarse there are a large amount of african americans in the south and all over the east coast, THATS WHERE SLAVERY TOOK PLACE! then in CA most black folk moved west to find opporitunity (my cousins joke around that cali got all the n***as because black folk hate the cold..aha they stupid) but please believe we got black folk up here too and plenty of them, ive met brothas & sistas from The Bay/Sacremento,Los Angeles/San Diego,Las Vegas,New Orleans/Baton Rouge/Shreveport,Miami/Tampa/FT. Lauderdale/Jacksonville,Virginia,NY,DC,Chicago,Philly,Atlanta ,Houston/Dallas,
Alabama,St.Louis,Mississippi,and even my african brothas straight from the mother land of Africa. and dont get it twisted because they all seem to love it here, they all have converted from where they live to wearing north faces or helly hansens with vans and got down with the hyphy movement and the all keep telling me how their cousins and uncles and what not are coming to visit (in the summer obviously) and they want to show them how fun it is. Seattle is all about finding the right places to have fun according to what you like to do, just like any other city.and to the person that says no black people know where Seattle is, when i told everybody over in Brooklyn that i live in Seattle, everybody knew where it was, they were curious of course to know what it was like there, but they knew where it was(they do however get confused when i say Washington, they think i mean Washington D.C.)

Old 08-29-2008, 01:29 AM

4 posts, read 13,368 times
Default bee-u-ti-ful!

any real reggae/dancehall in the area? what's there for an island gyal to do in Seattle/Lynnwood?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post

That's all for now.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:09 AM

478 posts, read 2,298,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by computer chick View Post
I heard that Seattle/Tacoma is a diverse, pretty open and beautiful place to

live, also great for interracial couples. That is great nothing wrong with

that! But I would like to know what percentage of couples are black? Say

4,5% maybe?
That would be a pretty good guess.

FYI: the African guys are quite keen on dating African-American girls, so there's always that. If we are counting Africans in the mix as well, then the percentage goes up quite a bit more.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,694 times
There are some black people but it seems to me that outside of predominantly black areas, the black people do not stick together. There is a lot of interracial dating, which is fine but it seems like black people don't want to be with one another. I am surprised when I see an all black couple.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:13 AM

72,835 posts, read 62,209,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeasisrael View Post
Why would anyone complain about "fake gangsters"...hell you want the real ones in your neighborhood?
Agreed. Fake gangsters are kind of annoying. Real ones cause real problems.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:47 AM

177 posts, read 455,602 times
This is my first post and i think it's fitting that my first deals with Seattle.

I'm black and I interned at Microsoft for 6 months back in 2005. I lived in Bellvue for all my time in Seattle and I worked out of the Issaquah MSFT office. As a human being and a Black one at that, I LOVED my time in Seattle. The city fit my personality to a tee and I've always had dreams of moving back. I'm actually in the process of asking my job if they have any openings in our Seattle office.

For those asking about the night life, the spot I used to hit up back then was a place called "Mr.lucky's". It was al alright place, average music, diverse crowd, and good times in general.

I did meet a lot of black folks in Seattle and many were upwardly mobile and I loved that. I live in Maryland (right on the border of DC) and work in N.Virginia.

I personally was not looking for gangsters (seen too much of that stupidness in DC) when I lived in Seattle so I had a great time.

Lot's of interracial couples of all variations and I loved that these people were open about that. I really want to move to Seattle full time so I guess you can count me in the "black love for Seattle" corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area