Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:49 PM

68 posts, read 215,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I think there is a difference between "the freeze" and anit-California attitudes. The freeze, as I understand it, is more about the general tendency for Seattleites to be reserved. Anti-California is more specific and angry. I don't think that would be the majority.
Oh, it's passive-aggressive resentment more than outright anger, I'm sure.

Again, I comment based on my experience (and I'm not a Californian, just heard it a lot) -- believe it or not, there are places in the country where there isn't any specific rancor toward people from other states.

Although, sadly enough, many other places that get a high influx of people from elsewhere tend to have that issue (and, if it's not the "Californians" in the case of some of these other areas, it's another demographic they gripe about).

Old 06-04-2009, 05:45 PM

947 posts, read 1,642,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I think there is a difference between "the freeze" and anit-California attitudes. The freeze, as I understand it, is more about the general tendency for Seattleites to be reserved. Anti-California is more specific and angry. I don't think that would be the majority.
Um, what about Northwest Nice/Ice? It's all about passive agressive behavior not just being as you put it "reserved".

Old 06-05-2009, 09:46 AM

844 posts, read 1,280,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
Um, what about Northwest Nice/Ice? It's all about passive agressive behavior not just being as you put it "reserved".
As a person who lived in the Northwest and moved from there to Minnesota, trust me, people in the northwest know nothing of passive aggressiveness. If anything, they are more open, outward and honest about what they think than most other parts of the country.

People in the northwest have a strange yet delightful lack of natural tact that people in other parts of the country have. Its actually pretty nice and allows new people/different people to be more open and honest with others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: