Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 06:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,686 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am moving from CT to Issaquah.My office will be in Issaquah. I am looking for a accomodation near the office and it should be near the shopping places. I dont have a car so will depend on public transport. Could you suggest some of the apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 11:42 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,041,958 times
There is a free circulator (http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/schedules/s200_0_.html - broken link) that serves the business and commercial areas of central Issaquah and links all the major shopping areas near the downtown area along with the Park and Ride and employment centers around the center of town.

Circulator map. (http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/route_images/m200_0.gif - broken link)

I'll leave the recommendation of apartments to others but I know there are some just north of the downtown area on Front Street with access to the circulator.

With the free shuttle, you'll have access to everything in the central part of town with good transfer capabilities to the plateau, the rest of the eastside, and downtown Seattle. A great place to be if you are not going to have a car.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:17 PM

522 posts, read 2,625,941 times
Where in Issaquah is your office going to be? Its too big of an area to pinpoint walking distance without a location.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:49 PM

263 posts, read 1,078,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyToes View Post
Hi All,

I am moving from CT to Issaquah.My office will be in Issaquah. I am looking for a accomodation near the office and it should be near the shopping places. I dont have a car so will depend on public transport. Could you suggest some of the apartments.

I interviewed in Issaquah once and to me it looks like a place you will need a car. It's a small town, but usually small places have crap for mastransit. Very nice family city, though

Old 11-28-2008, 07:21 PM

30 posts, read 100,521 times
i live in issaquah and if you plan on living and working in issaquah i would consider getting a bike at least. i suppose you could walk, but some places are a bit spread out. i don't use public transportation so i can't vouch for that, but i know there is a park and ride.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:43 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,532,477 times
I would recommend a bike as well. Issaquah is not that big in terms of where the office might be (is it Microsoft, Siemens or Costco?) so you could ride most places. Front St. is where some apartments would be but many are also up the hill off of East Lake Sammamish Parkway. I would recommend looking at Issaquah Highlands for living as well. They have scores of new condos and townhomes with a few restaurants within walking distance of the living areas. If you need public transport that also has one of the best Park N Ride options and I think you could at least get down the hill after work and for sure can get downtown on an Express bus if you so choose. Check out the bus schedules and talk to some of your future co-workers to point you in the right direction.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:17 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,156,795 times
I'd say to get a motel room for a week and rent a car for that time while you look around for an apartment. Then once you're settled into a place take the shuttle bus that Scirocco wrote about.

Generally speaking finding apartments on the West Coast seems to me harder to do than on the East Coast, you have to come up with more deposit and it takes them longer to check out references and close the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area