Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 01:40 PM

24 posts, read 145,938 times

Advertisements

I'll be setting up shop in my new home in Seattle next month and I'm eager to try out all Washington has to offer. As far as stocking my fridge goes, what beers are worth checking out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 01:50 PM

57 posts, read 243,518 times
You're going to have a lot of excellent options. I like 'Dead Guy' from Rogue (Rogue Ales) out of Oregon, for one.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:12 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,577,747 times
Mac and Jack is excellent - The African Amber is my favorite beer. You would have to buy a growler or a keg from the brewery if you want it at home.

Pyramid makes some decent brew

Hale's Ales out of Ballard is pretty good as well.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:16 PM

854 posts, read 4,129,254 times
Second Dead Guy.
Mack & Jacks -- unfiltered, and if you get something from the bottom of the keg it can taste "off", but generally I like it.
Red Hook has several -- the brewery is in Woodinville -- ESB is a basic decent beer, but they've got some others with more specific flavors depending on your tastes
For something basic if I'm at the gas station and need a six-pack, I like Alaskan Amber. When I lived in Texas the fallback was Shiner, now in Washington it's Alaskan. Not the Best Beer Ever, but often the Best Beer Here Right Now.

Go to the Tap House Grill. They've got 140 (or is it 160?) beers ON TAP. They can certainly point you to all the local ones and you can sample them all.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...... why is it so hard to find a good babysitter??......beer. :-)

Old 02-16-2009, 02:32 PM

24 posts, read 145,938 times
Thanks so much for all the replies. That's great news that I'll have plenty of good beers to try out. I tried Hales the last time I was there and had no idea it was from Ballard!

Can't wait to check out Tap House Grill and sample the 140-160 beers... Anyone wanna drive me home afterwards?

Old 02-16-2009, 02:38 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,226,083 times
Manny's is my current personal fave. Brewed in the Georgetown, neighborhood of Seattle not far from where the original Rainier Brewery was. I'm thinking it's not sold in stores, just taverns and from the brewery.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:25 PM

255 posts, read 819,539 times
A must try: Sculler's IPA by Skagit River Brewery: Skagit River Brewery (http://www.skagitbrew.com/BEERS.asp?Page=beers - broken link). Bay Street Ale House in Port Orchard usually has it on tap. You can also purchase it at Central Market.

Issaquah Brewhouse has a great selection of Rogue beers on tap and in the bottle.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:38 PM

70 posts, read 344,906 times
Gotta agree with Mack & Jack's, great stuff. Alaskan Amber is pretty decent, I'm in AZ right now and that's the best I can get down here (can't wait to get back to the PNW). IF you are ever on the east side of the mountains try Iron Horse Brewery out of Ellensburg. When I lived up there they had 4 or 5 different beers. You can find them sometimes on the west side. In January (I know, too late now) Eburg also has the Winterhop Brewfest which brings out microbrewers from all over the great Northwest!

Old 02-16-2009, 04:06 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,226,083 times
Elysian Brewery is another good one. I'm familiar with the Capitol Hill location, but I think they have more than one. Great beer, amazingly awesome French Fries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area