Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 07:37 PM

4 posts, read 18,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Chances are that's not a cold but an allergy - possibly due to mold which is common in Seattle, and possibly due to scents in your laundry detergent or body soap or cologne.

Try bleaching any sign of mold, and switching to unscented laundry detergent etc.
Its not a allergy man,its a virus that i and almost every one i know gets here in the N.W.it takes 2-3 months to attack with amoxicellan and it still clings on for more months.i have lived in san diego and hawaii for 3 weeks at a time and i do not have that problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 PM

161 posts, read 560,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actiontom View Post
Its not a allergy man,its a virus that i and almost every one i know gets here in the N.W.it takes 2-3 months to attack with amoxicellan and it still clings on for more months.i have lived in san diego and hawaii for 3 weeks at a time and i do not have that problem.

Funny you should say that actiontom and btw I'm sorry that you have lived here for such a long time and see Seattle folks in this way. I swear I personally have met some great people here,yet I came here with my own group of friends etc etc.

Anyways when I was in Hawaii my arthritis seemed to disappear ( snap) I wake up here and I feel that its getting worse the longer I live here.

I go through stints myself. Should we leave,should we stay,should we just live our lives and be happy " life's too short and all that".

I believe in finding out things first hand. You can tell someone everything about a place,but until they experience it themselves then.....

As far as the virus. I personally do a colon cleanse and know several folks that do and have not caught that horrible virus that comes around. I have a vunerable immune system,too.( thats just my 2 cents)

Now my cousin wants to move to Alaska b/c she says Seattle is too hot for her..go figure

Old 03-14-2009, 01:16 AM

162 posts, read 513,375 times
Don't believe everything you hear about the weather. Those posting that it is gray 300 days a year here are unhappy in Seattle and with their life and probably for reasons other than the weather. As you know when people are miserable they tend to exaggerate quite a bit. If you look at statistics, Seattle has alot more sunny/partly cloudy days than most people realize. On average the majority of the gray and rainy days occur from November to March when it will be overcast and rainy around 70% of the time. The months of April and May seem to be half sunshine/half overcast and rain. From June til September you can count on mostly sunny days with temps in the 70's. October is another month with half overcast/rainy days and halfy partly cloudy/sunny days. Of course there are always exceptions like this Winter, which has been unusually sunny and last Spring which was gloomier than normal.

All in all, if you do the math, it is about 50% sunny/partly cloudy and 50% overcast/rainy. People will disagree, but look up the statistics, they will confirm it.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 PM

17 posts, read 43,704 times
I totally dissagree with that ... There are a lot of Senior Citizans that are on the Section 8 program. Bacause they just can't live on their social security. And they all are not trailer trash. I have yet to see any Apartment Complex only have an 11 month lease.

Sorry about the dissagreement.. But, as this person is looking for somewhere in Seattle, So am I. And I'm on Social Security, plus, I also have a Section 8 Voucher. My Brother moved to Long Beach,WA. when the job he had closed up due to the Economey.. And he and his wife thought it best to move there from Southern California. They are now living there,, and they had to get use to the just plain quietness..lol.. Being from an area that has lots of noise. And they also are from the San Diego Area.. And that is the reason I want to move to Washington. To be closer to my Brother. Even though Long Beach is several hours away. Its better than driving from Reno,Nevada where I'm at right now.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:52 PM

68 posts, read 192,804 times
california is gross. but washington is scary cause of mt rainier an dstuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area