Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:23 PM

125 posts, read 351,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiwos View Post
It's not for doing nothing. It's an insurance payout, from insurance paid for by premiums withdrawn automatically & involuntarily from one's paycheck. If someone rear-ends your car, you're going to want a check from your insurance company right? It's also in the public's best interest that people take unemployment rather than default on their bills.
Thank you for your support. And to blondie - generally, unemployed people don't "do nothing" - I've been working 20-30 hours/week on trying to find another job - you wanna see the stack of position descriptions I've applied for? It's quite high, it'll take you a while to go through 'em all. One correction, though, I'm pretty sure the unemployment taxes are wholly paid by the employer, not taken out of the employee's paycheck.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:27 PM

[quote=ksomers;7784302]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
Oh please, I've been frustrated with this area since we came here and had 2 Army idiots yelling at each other in the parking lot of our apt complex

those "Army idiots" are the ones out there fighting for your right to sit here and bi*** Go back to the midwest, dont let the door hit you on the way out.
They're also the ones raping, beating, robbing and kidnapping people. Nope, sorry, no sympathy there.

And, BTW, explain exactly the cause and effect relationship between Army soldiers fighting a fake war in Iraq and my liberty? I seriously doubt that anybody in Iraq can do anything to overthrow our democratic gov't here in the USA.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
Hey Heiwos I'm just a little stunned in the attitude of the OP in general and quick frankly I'm just sadened that $25/month is such a great amount.

To the OP I apologize about my remark about me spending that much on liquor per week, that was uncalled for. But what really gets me is that you aren't even willing to admit if you're going through hard times, as if you feel some social reason to hide the truth.. also you fail to acknowledge so far that your inability to make money is the cause of all this. Remember that you have the ability to make money on your won without an employer if you just think about your skills and help others. Apparantly, there's a lot of Wealth in Seattle. Think about targeting that culture?
What the hell? THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME OR MY BEING UNEMPLOYED OR THE AMOUNT OF EXTRA UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ THE F-ING SUBJECT - that's all it's about, you $@#%$#%$#^@

Yeah, I'm going through hard times, millions of other people are too, I could live on my credit for a couple of years (but I'd rather not ), so I'm not hurting, but it's all about why anything that should take 30 seconds in the "real world" (outside of Puget Sound) takes 5 minutes here. You also have no idea of my ability to make money, you are such a completely worthless naive **** that I can't believe I'm even replying to you. No more, though, you're just absolutely unbelievable in the depths of what you assume you know about me - BTW, you've been pretty much WRONG about everything you've posted in this thread, too.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:42 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
Maybe you can't get a job because of your anger management issues?

Old 03-08-2009, 12:48 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
Quote:
What the hell? THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME OR MY BEING UNEMPLOYED OR THE AMOUNT OF EXTRA UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ THE F-ING SUBJECT - that's all it's about, you $@#%$#%$#^@

Yeah, I'm going through hard times, millions of other people are too, I could live on my credit for a couple of years (but I'd rather not ), so I'm not hurting, but it's all about why anything that should take 30 seconds in the "real world" (outside of Puget Sound) takes 5 minutes here. You also have no idea of my ability to make money, you are such a completely worthless naive **** that I can't believe I'm even replying to you. No more, though, you're just absolutely unbelievable in the depths of what you assume you know about me - BTW, you've been pretty much WRONG about everything you've posted in this thread, too.
So now the Puget Sound area is not the "real world", no wonder you are getting such negative responses...

Old 03-08-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Maybe you can't get a job because of your anger management issues?
I get angry when people are stupid and can't correctly interpret written language properly (which seems to be epidemic in this forum, as well as billions of others across the web).

Old 03-08-2009, 01:04 PM

Since I doubt I'll get any real answers here (and that's really all I was after) and I really don't care about debating absurdities (I have a job search to take care of), I'm gonna Godwin myself and end it all - Puget Sound's full of Nazis!!! There, killed it (I only wish it was that easy :-))... Thanks to those who did post some useful info, and no thanks to those who ASS-U-MEd tons of stuff that's completely wrong and went off on completely worthless tangents.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:28 PM

576 posts, read 1,817,966 times
Quote:
Um, no, hard/stupid/crappy are not always choices.

If you call a doctor's office, they say they're going to tell the nurse your symptoms, the nurse will call you back after talking to the doctor, but *none* of that happens, how do I create that?

If a doctor's office (different one since we stopped going to the first one) is supposed to fax in 3 prescriptions and only faxes 2, how do I create that?

If I try to buy a couple of bottles of wine and neither ring up because they're not in the system (used to happen every single f-ing time we bought wine, no matter the brand/type/whatever), how do I create that?

Ad nauseam.....

And yes, this stuff happens all the time, all over the place, but the sheer quantity of it here is just overwhelming.
Finally, someone else who thinks realistically. I was beginning to think there was no one else here that did.

This guy has no control over the situations above. Sure, he can think it is. But even if he did, let's face it, none of the situations above is pleasant.

I can't just go around thinking that Minnesota in winter is nice and warm, can I? Similarly, would any person think the core of the sun is nice and cool? I sure hope not, or they'd probably be failing that part of elementary school.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:52 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
I'm going tell everyone on a Seattle forum how stupid and crazy they are. Then I will expect them to agree with me and proceed to tell me why they are so retarded! I will then go ballistic and start swearing at them when they disagree with me. If they talk amongst themselves and don't make me the center of attention, I will have a temper tantrum.

Right, we're the crazy ones....

Old 03-08-2009, 08:50 PM

132 posts, read 673,606 times
Quote:
Almost everything we've done here (from shopping for groceries to finding a new job - yes, it's that pervasive) has entailed way more effort than necessary, and has almost always involved stupidity, uncaring, ignorance, or something else....
It's not just the Seattle area, it's seems to be everywhere these days (have you seen the movie "idiocracy"?). I think everyone hates their job and it shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area