Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 12:46 PM

15 posts, read 75,779 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I recently did a visit to Seattle and coming from Hawaii I knew it'd be COLD. I did pack 'warm weather' wear, but nothing water proof. Being that it is technically spring I decided to 'jazz' it up a bit. Cos really when in Hawaii can you wear layers and scarves? So as I was walking around I noticed ALOT of Northwest or whichever brand that is.....ALOT OF BLACK. I mean BLACK galoore! Please no blacklash! HAHA I am all for black...seriously. I did pack a black sweater and wore it my first day in and felt 'in'. I did have antoher that I wore more that was of springy colors and got some stares from people. Nothing in a bad way, but the kind that suggested to me saying 'tourist' HA! I got a kick out of it.
Just my outlook......i absolutely LOVED the weather, I thought it'd be so cold that I'd find myself in coffee shops all day, but surprisingly it was bearable. And yes, I will be moving in June.
Maybe this topic has no means, but thought I'd share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 12:49 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,595,919 times
Black is definitely the go-to color around here. Most of my jackets and shirts are black. It's easy, you don't have to worry about colors clashing.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:30 PM

125 posts, read 351,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiboy View Post
Ok, so I recently did a visit to Seattle and coming from Hawaii I knew it'd be COLD. I did pack 'warm weather' wear, but nothing water proof. Being that it is technically spring I decided to 'jazz' it up a bit. Cos really when in Hawaii can you wear layers and scarves? So as I was walking around I noticed ALOT of Northwest or whichever brand that is.....ALOT OF BLACK. I mean BLACK galoore! Please no blacklash! HAHA I am all for black...seriously. I did pack a black sweater and wore it my first day in and felt 'in'. I did have antoher that I wore more that was of springy colors and got some stares from people. Nothing in a bad way, but the kind that suggested to me saying 'tourist' HA! I got a kick out of it.
Just my outlook......i absolutely LOVED the weather, I thought it'd be so cold that I'd find myself in coffee shops all day, but surprisingly it was bearable. And yes, I will be moving in June.
Maybe this topic has no means, but thought I'd share.

Bright colors warm your spirit on cold rainy days What's wrong with a little color?

Mrs. Traveller

Old 03-15-2009, 01:03 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
No kidding I've definitely discovered Seattle loves to wear black shirts/sweaters, especially North Face. The week I've been here that is all I've seen people wearing. It's actually fine with me, wear whatever you're comfortable with just don't hate on others who wear different clothes. I travel with work & I enjoy seeing different places and the different styles of clothes. Montana has my favorite style so far. Rugged/hippie/yuppie/cowboy all in one. Think ripped designer jeans, with brown leather shoes, and fancy stocking cap. Seattle just seems like it's telling people they're depressed with their black sweaters and dark brown pants. Come to think of it I wear a black polo and dark tan pants to work often myself.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:34 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
Black seems to be the dominant color in a lot of northern cities: NY, Boston, Cleveland, etc. It helps keep you warm and it matches everything.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:14 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,532,885 times
I have three raincoats...one is apple green, the other pepto bismo pink and the third is taxi cab yellow. I do own a black soft shell mostly because I don't want to have to wash it too much and it doesn't show stains. Wear whatever you want...people don't care.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:05 AM

204 posts, read 813,659 times
Filson used to be 100% made in Seattle but lately they have really gone downhill by introducing Made in China crap for the same high price.

But their flagship store is right here, and if you check the tags a lot of things are still made here. I wear a lot of Filson stuff myself.
Filson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area