Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 06:03 PM

24 posts, read 146,616 times

Advertisements

I asked this question a while back but figure it's worth asking again...

I'm new to the Seattle area and my wife and I are looking at purchasing a second car. We're interested in buying something used, in good condition ($6000 limit).

I'm trying to get together a list of dealerships worth doing business with, and as I'm new to the area I could really use some input.

Where have you bought used cars? Which dealerships are honest and which are "out to get you"?

I'm willing to look outside of Seattle if that would help in finding a good deal. Is that a good idea? If so, where? Everett?

Many thanks.

P.S. Hyundai of Everett seems decent, any experiences with them?

interpose: Because of the "no consumer complaints" clause in our T.O.S., please use a Direct Message to az2wa for your "out to get you" stories. A short statement of OPINION on why you wouldn't use a particular business is acceptable but let's keep angry rants off this thread as the business is not here to defend themselves and such rants could pose defamation issues. Thanks.

Last edited by scirocco22; 03-14-2009 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 03:16 AM

204 posts, read 813,659 times
Check out Bowen Scarff in Kent.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:29 PM

24 posts, read 146,616 times
Thank you! Any others?

*I'm feeling like the topic name might be making people think this is a spam post

Old 03-15-2009, 02:23 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
I bought my wife's Civic at Honda Auto Center of Bellevue. They weren't pushy.
Had to get some things done to it after we bought it. There were some recalls. They gave me an Accord for a rental while they did the work. I would buy from them again.

It wasn't a used car, though. I'd imagine the service is just as good, though.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,822,318 times
The staff at the Toyota dealer in Bellevue were so snotty and disinterested in selling me a car, I walked out. By contrast, I had good experiences with Rodland Toyota in Everett. I didn't live anywhere near there but it was worth the drive.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:23 PM

107 posts, read 402,578 times
We bought a car at Chaplin's in Bellevue a few months ago and it wasn't a terrible experience.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:07 PM
h2o

5 posts, read 24,190 times
I can recommed not ever going to carson cars in everett, manager is not friendly. How would you like to go to a dealer and having the manager calling his employees ****ing retards.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:10 PM

506 posts, read 2,573,742 times
"honest" and "car dealer" do not mix.

We bought an Accord a few years back from Honda Auto Center in Bellevue. It had 5k miles on it and was apparently a corporate car and they sold it to us as a "brand new" car with the new car financing rate.

We traded it in a year later and find out it was involved in a car accident before we took ownership. I approached the Honda Auto Center about this and they blew me off. They also add car trim like fender guards and door guards on all their cars and mark up the price 5x. I asked if they could take off the plastic trim and take it off the price but they refused and only offered to charge me half price for these "upgrades". So instead of paying almost $300 for plastic strips I paid $150... crooks.

Having said that, I've bought my last 2 cars from University Audi with decent experiences but every car dealer has its bad apples and some more than others.

Are you mainly interested in Hyundais?

Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 AM

12 posts, read 63,540 times
I would recommend going to Walkers Renton Subaru. Located at 720 Rainier Ave, Renton. They have a huge variety of different vehicles and a great big used car lot. They have other things than subaru's obviously. I bought my Mazda 3 there a few months ago and had an AMAZING experience. They took care of everything for me, all I had to do was sign. They let me test drive the car, and even offered to stay there and not come with me. THAT was nice, since it is so uncomfortable to have them hovering over you when you drive. I went in to see a specific person recommended to me by a friend, and he was NOT pushy, NOT "carsalesman-ish", and laid EVERYTHING out in front of me. I feel the entire process great. I felt in control and not once since I bought it do I regret the place or the decision. Even going into "the room" to talk to the guy who tries to talk you into insurance plans and extended warranties was good. I didnt feel at all once he tried to push me into anything I didnt want. Very nice and sincere. I even went back a few weeks later to pick up my licence plates and they offered to wash my car again for me ( I asked where a good car wash was) FREE! I would HIGHLY recommend Walkers Renton Subaru, and would definitely ask for the specific gentleman I saw. IM me for his name if you are interested. Great experience!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 11:38 PM

107 posts, read 402,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwhite18 View Post
I would recommend going to Walkers Renton Subaru. Located at 720 Rainier Ave, Renton. They have a huge variety of different vehicles and a great big used car lot. They have other things than subaru's obviously. I bought my Mazda 3 there a few months ago and had an AMAZING experience. They took care of everything for me, all I had to do was sign. They let me test drive the car, and even offered to stay there and not come with me. THAT was nice, since it is so uncomfortable to have them hovering over you when you drive. I went in to see a specific person recommended to me by a friend, and he was NOT pushy, NOT "carsalesman-ish", and laid EVERYTHING out in front of me. I feel the entire process great. I felt in control and not once since I bought it do I regret the place or the decision. Even going into "the room" to talk to the guy who tries to talk you into insurance plans and extended warranties was good. I didnt feel at all once he tried to push me into anything I didnt want. Very nice and sincere. I even went back a few weeks later to pick up my licence plates and they offered to wash my car again for me ( I asked where a good car wash was) FREE! I would HIGHLY recommend Walkers Renton Subaru, and would definitely ask for the specific gentleman I saw. IM me for his name if you are interested. Great experience!!!
When we bought out Subaru, Walker's was the only place that wouldn't give me a quote via e-mail. Total run around. And once we bought, I called the dealership and got blown off by the general manager when I brought it to his attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area