Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 01:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,201 times

Advertisements

We recently moved from Spokane to the Seattle area and am in need of a good, high risk OBGYN. We have lost 4 pregnancies in both the 1st and 2nd trimesters. We live in Lake Stevens, but am willing to drive anywhere to find a doctor who is very caring, knows what they are doing, and is very dedicated. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 12:15 PM

121 posts, read 536,032 times
Swedish Hospital Perinatal Group

They are located on the Swedish First Hill campus in Seattle.

My family has quite a bit of experience with the Swedish Perinatal Team, we were referred to them at week 30 due to a diagnosis of Severe IUGR, they managed the remainder of the pregnancy wonderfully, and with their help we managed to deliver a healthy (but small - 4.5 lbs) baby boy at week 37...he was born in the zero percentile for height and weight, and just turned 1 last week, strongly in the 75th percentile for both .

A relative of mine has also been with them for 2 pregnancies, the first one they were referred to Perinatal due to major complications with the mother which yielded a 2.5lb girl at week 31 (now 4 and healthy). They managed her second pregnancy from the start, and they delivered a very healthy child at full term due to the team's skill during her pregnancy.

I can't recommend that clinic and all of their doctors enough. They operate as a team, we actually ended up seeing every doctor in the clinic during our ordeal, but we were very pleased with all of them, and if we do it again, we'll be starting with them from the beginning.

Good luck!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:03 PM

12 posts, read 36,226 times
I would suggest Dr. Lawler with Overlake. I delivered my child through him. She was born with missing fingers, a need for brain surgery (part of her brain was exposed), feet issues, and many premie issues. The doctor was amazing though. And I've known several people who have gone to him for deliver of twins and babies with other difficulties (one child was born at 28 weeks). He's amazing though. He made me feel so taken care of and safe. He didn't leave my side. He reassured me the entire time. He respected my wishes for how I wanted to deliver (in fact, he NEVER questioned me when I told him I wanted to deliver without any pain meds or unnatural things). I've gotten to know him a little better since them and just saw him the other day (my daughter is now a year old). He reminds me of my grandpa (only a bit younger). He's delivered high risk babies for decades. Because of him, I can never be thankful enough for the peace and stressfree environment I recieved when I delivered. Right after she was born he told me exactly what I needed to hear to know that she was ok. My husband and I will continue to use him for our next child - I couldn't imagine anyone better.
Btw - the nurses at Overlake were amazing as well. By my side through all the tough times (I had to go in on bed rest for two weeks before I delivered) and going out of their way to make us feel safe and loved.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,305 times
Athuman did you ever find one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area