Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 02:48 PM

204 posts, read 635,147 times

Advertisements

I'm a huge fan of the nightlife scene in New York, Boston, Chicago, Miami... how does Seattle compare?

I created a thread in General Discussions on this topic and Seattle never came up, but it's a major city so I'm not sure why. Do you guys like to keep a low profile or is the nightlife lacking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 03:28 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,251,500 times
I do not live in Seattle but have been there several times. It may have changed in the last several years but I'll tell you my experience and opinion.

The only one club in downtown Seattle that I can remember that can resemble anything like clubs that you will see in Chicago and Miami is called FENIX UNDERGROUND. There were some other smaller bars in the Pioneer Square area that had dance music, hip hop and DJ's. For the most part, most of the bars/clubs that I saw or went to wasn't like that. Most of the bars had live bands, rock music, and other music. In general, the dress code in most of the bars if not all, is casual.

There are definitely plenty of bars and clubs in Seattle for one to have a good time. Just don't expect the same type of vibe and club scene like NY or Miami.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:40 PM

204 posts, read 635,147 times
^ Thank you.

I have to relocate a lot due to the nature of my work. I'm really getting tired of the constantly relocating and Washington came up near the top after a strenuous vetting process. The last criteria: night life

I'll definitely check out the city even though it sounds a little less than what I'm accustom too.

This may be a silly question but is there anywhere else in Washington with decent night life?

Old 06-11-2009, 04:01 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,724,336 times
^^

No.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:03 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,251,500 times
Hopefully local residents from the area may be able to give you additional info. One other area in Seattle where I myself have not been to yet, but have been told that has good bars is Ballard.

Good luck in your move and getting additional info.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:23 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,597,132 times
The nightlife in Seattle is more geared toward live music as opposed to DJ's and club remixes. There are plenty of bars to check out, but not a whole lot of clubs where you have to be on a list to get in.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:29 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
The nightlife in Seattle is more geared toward live music as opposed to DJ's and club remixes. There are plenty of bars to check out, but not a whole lot of clubs where you have to be on a list to get in.
The night life rolls up pretty early compared to other cities. Not alot of afterhours places, etc. Dance clubs both live and DJ in Capital Hill, Pioneer Square and Bell Town (geared towards twenty somethings). My two faves are The War Room (Hip Hop) which is in Capital Hill. They do have a VIP list, high end liquor and wine and GQ had rated them I believe two years ago as one of the top spots for something but I cannot remember exactly what. Another spot worth checking is Neighbors just a few blocks away. This is a gay nightclub but draws a very mixed crowd (straight couples, gay couples, girls night crowd, etc) on Friday nights.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:51 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,597,132 times
The War Room has good hip hop nights (Yo Son!) and other themed nights. Way overpriced though. Neighbors is great as long as you don't mind seeing gay dudes openly making out with each other on the dance floor.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:54 PM
chs

31 posts, read 122,753 times
great "nightlife" for 30 somethings who like to go out to eat and drink and talk, not so great for 20 somethings for whom nightlife is dancing and hooking up until the wee hours.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:10 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
The War Room has good hip hop nights (Yo Son!) and other themed nights. Way overpriced though. Neighbors is great as long as you don't mind seeing gay dudes openly making out with each other on the dance floor.
Well, it is a gay bar after all, Neighbors that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: