Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 02:32 PM

737 posts, read 1,462,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Yes, there's a constant stream of buses going through W. Seattle, White Center and Burien, Ballard, Fremont. Being close to Seattle Downtown gives them that edge. I don't think Magnolia would be ok with the light rail going through their neighborhood. Queen Anne once had it in plans to have the monorail going up, but that fell through.

This article: Politics Northwest | Odds are fading for Ballard/West Seattle light rail measure by 2011 | Seattle Times Newspaper I think also shows the mentality of Seattle right now: enough with the taxes already!
Awesome thanks! Great article. The exact info I was seeking. It looks like it won't be happening any time soon if ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 04:04 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,302 times
Ballard, particularly if you are on the eastern edge close to Phinney and those neighborhoods would be fantastic for Link service. It'd be ideal if it could travel north/south along 15th avenue. 15th Avenue NW cuts all the way from Greenwood, down Ballard, through Interbay (with Magnolia and Queen Ann on either side) and straight through on down to town. Or couse I don't know how they'd build it around the Ballard bridge or where the stops would be or eventually lead to, or if it's even feasible. But that is a very well traveled busy street and I'd use the Link in heartbeat if I could. Especailly if it could link to the airport somehow. If they couldn't go up that way and had to come from the U district/Ravenna side of town and head west, it would still be nice. Getting east from the Ballard area requires a lot of heavy traffic and going over the top or bottom of Green Lake. I'd love it if they could eventually connect all of the neighborhoods and run the link in several directions/paths with frequent stops at the airport, university, downtown etc......

Old 09-04-2011, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,457 times
Question Roommate's abandoned items

Our roommate was a drunk and was violent, and when he got really violent toward me ((i am pregnant)) i hit him over the head with a cup, and he started bleeding. well anyway i called the cops and an ambulance, he ended up with two counts of assault, one against my fiance, who he hit, and one against me. we let him come back to the apartment after the no contact order lifted, and he got some of his things, and said we can have the rest of the stuff he left in the room, a bed, a tv, a few personal items like his high school diploma, etc. what can we do with the stuff we dont want, like boxes of his things like blankets and books he doesnt want?

Old 09-04-2011, 02:07 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,884,269 times
goodwill ...

Old 09-04-2011, 06:34 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaliaIce View Post
Our roommate was a drunk and was violent, and when he got really violent toward me ((i am pregnant)) i hit him over the head with a cup, and he started bleeding. well anyway i called the cops and an ambulance, he ended up with two counts of assault, one against my fiance, who he hit, and one against me. we let him come back to the apartment after the no contact order lifted, and he got some of his things, and said we can have the rest of the stuff he left in the room, a bed, a tv, a few personal items like his high school diploma, etc. what can we do with the stuff we dont want, like boxes of his things like blankets and books he doesnt want?
The Relationships subforum is just down the hall to your left ..... oh heck, click on this: http://www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/

Old 10-30-2011, 09:09 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
So ................ how's the Viaduct thing working out?

Old 11-27-2011, 12:40 AM

6 posts, read 31,453 times
I'm moving to Seattle in February and would like insight into which areas to avoid moving to. Please advise of decent neighboring communities I could consider as well. Thank you!

Old 11-27-2011, 12:59 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneemb727 View Post
I'm moving to Seattle in February and would like insight into which areas to avoid moving to. Please advise of decent neighboring communities I could consider as well. Thank you!
Where would you work?

Old 11-27-2011, 07:47 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneemb727 View Post
Seattle...Too overcast...you post is way too vague to answer seriously, please re-post a more detailed question.

Last edited by Foreverking; 11-27-2011 at 08:33 AM..

Old 12-05-2011, 03:46 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
How messed up is this:

Welfare fraud investigators raid $1.2 million Lake Washington home - seattlepi.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area