Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM

145 posts, read 645,335 times

Advertisements

Am I going crazy, or is The Office being filmed in Seattle this Fall?

I've heard two commercials about this over the last month. I rarely watch TV, so I've only been able to catch the last 2 nanoseconds of the ad. So it's really quite possible I'm hearing things.

Mr. Google can't find antyihg on it, which brings me here.

Anyone else see the commercials I'm talkin' about? Are these just re-runs I'm hearing about?

The Office | Watch Episodes Online for Free - The Office: Watch Full Episodes Online - NBC Official Site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 05:43 PM

918 posts, read 1,697,320 times
No, as far as I know, it's filmed in LA. Rainn Wilson, who plays Dwight, is from Seattle though, if that's relevant at all.. what about those commercials that made you think that ?

Old 09-10-2009, 06:26 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames34 View Post
Am I going crazy, or is The Office being filmed in Seattle this Fall?

I've heard two commercials about this over the last month. I rarely watch TV, so I've only been able to catch the last 2 nanoseconds of the ad. So it's really quite possible I'm hearing things.

Mr. Google can't find antyihg on it, which brings me here.

Anyone else see the commercials I'm talkin' about? Are these just re-runs I'm hearing about?

The Office | Watch Episodes Online for Free - The Office: Watch Full Episodes Online - NBC Official Site
They may be ads for local stations that just picked up the re-runs in syndication. I believe TBS had a lock on it for a while and it has just opened up to everyone else. I've seen those ads in several different cities. They say something like " The Office coming to "City Name" weeknights at 7 p.m."

I am currently in Scranton, PA, home of Dunder Mifflin where the show is set. It's filmed mostly in LA but they do send their crew here for shots and props every year just like Grey's Anatomy does with Seattle. There is nothing here to indicate that the show is moving it's location away from Scranton.

W.C.- Interestingly Rainn Wilson loves to visit Scranton. He's seen here quite a bit.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:51 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,733 times
I can't imagine any sane person ever wanting to visit Scranton.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
A couple of the other Office cast were just in Scranton in August.

You'd be suprised just how many hollywood types have hung out in Scranton. Remember when Julia Roberts left Keifer Sutherland at the alter and disappeared? No one could find her until she resurfaced in Ireland 3 weeks later with Jason Patric? No one could find her because she and Jason were hiding out in plain sitein Scranton. Jason's father, author and actor, Jason Miller lived in Scranton so here they came. And the locals really don't care that much so they can walk around and hang out without being bothered.

Richard Gere's family is originally from there and he has a farm right outside of the city. Paul Sorvino and his family including daughter Mia Sorvino are there almost every other weekend. Malachy McCourt and his late brother Frank also.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:43 PM

145 posts, read 645,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
They may be ads for local stations that just picked up the re-runs in syndication. I believe TBS had a lock on it for a while and it has just opened up to everyone else. I've seen those ads in several different cities. They say something like " The Office coming to "City Name" weeknights at 7 p.m."

I am currently in Scranton, PA, home of Dunder Mifflin where the show is set. It's filmed mostly in LA but they do send their crew here for shots and props every year just like Grey's Anatomy does with Seattle. There is nothing here to indicate that the show is moving it's location away from Scranton.

W.C.- Interestingly Rainn Wilson loves to visit Scranton. He's seen here quite a bit.

yeah, i think it must've been an ad for TBS re-runs. i watched the game tonight on NBC which had an Office commercial and they never mentioned the seattle thing. i swear Michael even mentioned Seattle by name in one of the commercials on TBS. Oh well, I guess the ad worked as they got my attention...

Old 09-11-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I wouldn't mind stopping by there. From what I heard it's a nice clean town with good architecture.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
I wouldn't mind stopping by there. From what I heard it's a nice clean town with good architecture.
That it is. If you ever decide to visit be sure to visit the downtown, the hill section and greenridge sections. There are spectacular mansions in those sections. My favorite is the Woolworth family estate (that's right the 5 and 10- Scranton had the first). It's beautiful and right in the downtown.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
And if you do visit make sure you have Alfredo's Pizza and not Pizza by Alfredo. They do exist- it just wasn't a made up place for the show.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
And if you do visit make sure you have Alfredo's Pizza and not Pizza by Alfredo. They do exist- it just wasn't a made up place for the show.
Oh ya, what about that Poor Richards bar they always go to after work ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area